Though he wields truly spectacular technology in the war against terrorism and villainy, Matt Trakker has no special powers of his own. Physically a normal human, if of above average capability, Trakker only has his skills and his high tech gear with which to fight the good fight.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Micro Helicopter: this back-mounted vehicle allows Matt to hover above a combat zone with ease! Incredibly compact, the micro helicopter can be stored in a small crate, but once it is assembled (a feat which does not take long), it has the following abilities:
* Flight / Levitation: the primary purpose of the micro helicopter, it can be strapped on to lift Matt above the fray. It can move itself and its pilot at up to 54.54 miles per hour (rank value 4 flight), or simply hover in place indefinitely when needed.
* Machine Gun: mounted on the right side of the micro helicopter, this gun can discharge one round to inflict rank value 6 Piercing damage, a three-round burst to inflict rank value 10 Piercing damage, or be fired continuously to inflict rank value 20 Piercing damage.
Spectrum Mask: his original high tech hardware, Matt relied upon this revolutionary device extensively early in his career, and wields it again as a member of the GI Joe team. This mask grants Matt the use of the following capabilities while it's worn:
* Gliding: by generating a powerful electromagnetic field around him, the Spectrum mask allows Matt to glide through the air - with no visible means of keeping him aloft! He requires a red Coordination ACTION to maintain his current altitude, and a blue ACTION to rise one story, each turn.
* Radivision: furthermore, the Spectrum mask allows Matt to see all over the electromagnetic spectrum. From mere microwaves up to gamma rays, Matt can perceive the entire EM array before him, a sensory skill which functions with rank value 30 power.
* Radio Frequency Interference: the Spectrum mask can instead emit a powerful wave of RFI, causing most devices which rely upon them (i.e., anything wireless) serious problems. The static generated by the Spectrum mask works with rank value 50 strength.
* Sonic Blast: finally, the Spectrum mask can give off a powerful sound wave which acts to temporarily deafen others, and causes considerable pain at the same time. A powerful crowd deterrent, this sound functions with rank value 30 intensity.
Submachine Gun: in the event that his other weapons fail him, Matt can discharge one round from this weapon to inflict rank value 6 Piercing damage, a short burst of such to inflict rank value 10 Piercing damage, or be fired continuously to inflict rank value 20 Piercing damage.
Electronics 2: having worked with his brother Andy to develop their super-powerful Masks, as well as the various MASK vehicles, Matt can do many things with the electron. His Intellect should be considered +2 RS for the purposes of creating high tech gear.
Engineering: Matt has a powerful mastery of engineering techniques, having worked in various high tech fields over the years. His Intellect should be considered +1 RS for the purposes of designing, building, or repairing anything mechanical.
Guns: one skill Matt wishes he never had to learn, he can nonetheless operate most conventional firearms with ease. If holding a standard, semi-automatic, or fully automatic rifle or pistol, he can fire it as if his Coordination was +1 RS higher than is listed above.
Martial Arts type B: while he's something of an 'egghead', Matt isn't a stranger to personal combat - and not just with his high tech toys, either. Whenever he's engaged in any unarmed combat, Matt may punch, kick, or even head butt a foe at his Melee trait +1 RS.
Military / United States: whether or not Matt served in the Air Force as a youth is up for debate, but he's definitely a member of that military organization now. He has a keen understanding of the SOP, and can easily function in a group of fighting men and women.
Piloting: Matt has shown time and time again that he is a highly skilled pilot, whether flying an airplane, a helicopter, or even one of his own hybrid vehicle creations. He may resolve Handling ACTIONs while flying an aircraft at a +1 RS to the applicable trait.
As a member of the GI Joe team and the leader of MASK, Matt Trakker can easily get the help he needs to handle almost any situation anywhere. Additionally, Matt has extra contacts in the oil industry, the Air Force, and charity circles.
Matt Trakker wears a simple uniform while in the field. It includes a collared, long-sleeved white shirt with orange arm bands, white trousers with black pouches on the side, white sneakers, orange leather gloves and knee pads, an orange belt, and his black and red Spectrum mask.
Matt is a very good-natured man, feeling a burning need to use all the resources at his disposal to help others. Whether he's donating money to the needy or in a firefight with the forces of evil, Matt is constantly working to make the world a better place for everyone.
Real Name: Matt Trakker
Occupation: vehicle designer, inventor
Legal Status: citizen of the United States with no known criminal record
Marital Status: single
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: GI Joe, MASK (the Mobile Armored Strike Kommand, now a GI Joe sub-group)
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 180 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: none.
The son of a wealthy businessman, Matt grew up to be a millionaire in his own right. He's worked in a variety of technical fields, including oil drilling and military aircraft contracting. He's made a veritable killing over the years, but wanted to give back to the world.
To this end, he has founded the Trakker Foundation, a charitable organization that engages in humanitarian activities all over the earth. Having spent time adventuring around the world, Matt knows just what parts of it need help most, and directs his Foundation to these areas.
Eventually, Matt was chosen to co-lead an initiative of the secretive Peaceful Nations Alliance, or PNA, which was devoted to achieving world peace. This group, the Mobile Armored Strike Kommand, or MASK, would engage would-be tyrants and enforce the peace across the earth!
Under the joint leadership of himself, Miles Mayhem and Matt's younger brother Andy, this group began to develop advanced technology with which to achieve their goals. Little did they know that Miles was tired of working for the benefit of others, and wanted MASK's power for himself!
Killing Andy, Miles stole half of the group's technological blueprints, leaving Matt to pick up the pieces alone. Wielding the remaining portions of his brother's revolutionary work, Matt rebuilt MASK from the ground up, and devoted it to protecting the world from Miles' ambition.
This would lead to numerous confrontations between Matt and Miles, who had by now formed his own counter-organization, the Vicious Evil Network Of Mayhem (or VENOM), which was (unbeknownst to most) a subsidiary of the nefarious terrorist group known as Cobra.
Matt fought hard against his enemies alongside his friends in the MASK group, but eventually needed help. Using his military connections, he allied MASK with the GI Joe team, which has been dealing with Cobra for more than two decades now, and is now a part of their team.
He continues to be a thorn in the sides of VENOM operatives, as well as their nefarious Cobra masters, to this very day!
GI Joe directories featuring a version of Matt Trakker:
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!