As are all other modrons, the one hundred decatons are extradimensional clockwork beings, hailing from the highly orderly plane of Mechanus. Their fantastic alien physiology is a bizarre blend of flesh and gears, and this, combined with their inherently magical nature, is the source of the decatons' many and various ascendant powers.
Modron Physique: the children of Mechanus, the infinite masses of modrons are a potent blend of organism and mechanism. Modrons seamlessly combine the two diametric designs into a seamless whole, a feat which is made possible by their highly orderly, magically charged bodies. Decatons are no exception to this rule, and have access to these powerful abilities as a result:
* Agelessness: all modrons, regardless of rank or station, are ageless in nature. Instead of having the longevity power, which implies an eventual lifespan, modrons simply do not age whatsoever. In fact, if not slain by accident or design, a modron may effectively live on forever, adopting new and more versatile forms as it ascends the ladder of law.
* Body Armor: both organic and inorganic in nature, all modrons have some manner of resistance to physical attacks. Essentially, base modrons should be treated as having Typical (6) protection from physical attacks, and Feeble (2) protection from assaults of an energy-based nature. This is often enough defense to discourage assault by most mundane beings against the incredibly powerful decatons.
* Clairsentience: all the modron high-ups have unbelievably acute sensory apparatus, allowing them to sense just about anything within the plane of existence they currently occupy. Distance isn't a factor, really, but simply knowing where they need to look / listen / taste / touch / smell is. This power functions for decatons at their Intuition rank.
* Damage Reduction / Cold, Corrosion, and Fire Attacks: the modron physique is highly resistant, albeit not totally immune to, the effects of extreme cold, heat, and corrosives - this despite their partially metallic nature. They possess 2 CS of damage reduction against such attack forms, allowing them to maneuver in most hostile environs with relative ease - which comes in handy during the Modron March.
* Dimensional Transit: an offshoot of the hierarch modron's ability to teleport, this supernatural power allows a decaton to transport itself to another plane of existence altogether. However, this power only works at Remarkable (30) rank, and has the risk of materializing the decaton in solid matter unless it intimately knows the area it is traveling to. Thus, this power is normally used sparingly.
* Force Field: decatons have the ability to form a specialized force field in their immediate vicinity, in either a hemispherical or spherical form. Either way, this powerful force field acts as an Excellent (20) ranked barrier against incoming damage - even magical attacks! However, a determined opponent can teleport through it with ease. This field offers decatons the following protection:
Gd 10 / Ex 20 / Ex 20 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Invulnerability to Emotion Control, Illusion, Mind Control, Paralysis / Sleep, and Vampirism: all modrons, including the one hundred decatons, are completely immune to these attack forms. As beings of ultimate order, they are able to shrug off such effects with ease - though they can readily perceive when such assaults are used (albeit unsuccessfully) against them.
* Mesmerism: though limited in scope, decatons can use this mental power to great effect when confronted with non-modrons of any kind. Working at Remarkable (30) rank, this power allows them to force others that fail a Psyche FEAT roll versus this rank to obey any one word, non-suicidal command, regardless of the victim's wishes. This is a great tool for basic law enforcement.
* Resistance to Magic: modron hierarchs are resistant to magical powers, whether damaging or otherwise, though each brand of hierarch has a different level of immunity to such power. The decaton, for instance, has Feeble (2) resistance to sorcery. While this in no way makes them immune to the stuff, it gives them a slight edge against most of the empowered entities they encounter in battle.
* Telepathy: all modron hierarchs can telepathically contact modrons they can normally converse with at all times. However, the level of some modrons' telepathic prowess is often limited. Decatons, for example, may only wield this power at Feeble (2) rank, which lets them converse with fellow decatons, their nonaton superiors, and their pentadrone underlings.
* Teleportation: decatons have the innate ability to teleport at will, with significant range. Operating at Unearthly (100) rank, this handy power allows them a vast range of movement, and while on Mechanus, a decaton can teleport anywhere within the plane instantaneously. This allows them to monitor their charges, and any ongoing situations within their jurisdiction, with relative ease.
Additional Limbs / Tentacles: a decaton has ten powerful, whip-thin tentacles, which it can readily bring to bear on its foes in battle. Thanks to an inherent talent with multiple attacks, decatons can make up to four tentacle attacks per turn, the last three of which will occur after everybody else has made their primary actions in said turn.
Circular Vision: decatons, thanks to the ten large eyes they use to take in their immediate area, are able to see anything and everything around them. They possess vision that functions in a 360 degree (horizontal) by 360 degree (vertical) arc. This anatomical feature has no power rank to speak of, but then it isn't affected by power negating abilities, either.
Healing / Others: decatons are powerful healers, though their abilities are limited only to modrons. At will, a decaton can heal (at Incredible (40) rank) any modron it can touch - and with its tentacles, it can nab up to ten at a time. Decatons also have the power to cure diseases and remove paralysis effects on modrons with similar skill.
Levitation: like the pentadrone, a decaton can soar into the air by generating a lighter-than-air gas within itself. Functioning only at Feeble (2) rank, this power really just allows a decaton to defy gravity, letting it move up and down with impunity. The disadvantage of this ability, though, is that it allows the decaton's movement to be swayed by changing air currents.
Schooling: Novice - Philosophical Magic / Order
All one hundred decatons are capable wielders of magic that utilizes and propagates order. In addition to their considerable innate magical powers, decatons may wield anywhere between one and four magic spells of this type, all functioning at Incredible (40) rank. Most of these should be determined before a given decaton enters play, though one spell 'slot' may be kept in reserve for surprise's sake.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Fighting Logistics: decatons, like all modrons, wield naturally organized minds. They can apply their inherent analytical tendencies to combat applications, sizing up a foe rather quickly. This allows them to add a +1 CS to all Fighting FEAT rolls made against a foe after 1d10 rounds (not turns), a bonus that lasts until said opponent radically changes his or her fighting style.
Law: more than anything else, the modrons are ultimate masters of law, knowing their own clockwork plane in and out. They extend this basic knowledge of What Should Be to all aspects of existence, and may attempt Reason FEATs based on orderly systems of any variety at a +1 CS, +2 CS if it involves their home plane, Mechanus, and +3 CS regarding Regulus itself.
Leadership: knowing how to spread resources around and delegate tasks like no other beings alive, modron decatons all have this skill as a general matter of course. Any group they are currently leading receives a 100 point boost to their Karma pool - even if the decaton is simply leading other decatons. Their leadership leads to success in a given situation almost without fail.
The communication apparatus between the base and hierarch modrons, all decatons are generally concerned about their charges, the uncounted hordes of base modrons that are truly what makes Mechanus go (or so it is believed). They will do what they must to protect the base modrons, unless orders from higher up demand that they do not.
Rather peculiar in appearance, the seven foot tall decatons basically consist of a five foot diameter sphere, mostly metal, ringed with ten organic eyes (on steel eye stalks) and ten fleshy, whip-like tentacles. It also stands on two thick, elephantine legs. Decatons also have a rather large, human-like mouth on what is arguably called their 'front'.
Caretakers of all the base modrons, the one hundred decatons extant at any given time are the link between such beings and the other modron hierarchs, usually by relaying orders passed down through the chain of command from Primus itself. There is one decaton assigned to each cog of Regulus, and the remaining decatons oversee the 36 great armies of the modrons.
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!