As is every other modron, the four secundus are extradimensional clockwork beings, hailing from the highly orderly plane of Mechanus. Their fantastic alien physiology is a bizarre blend of flesh and gears, and this, combined with their inherently magical nature, is the source of the secundus' many and various ascendant powers.
Modron Physique: the children of Mechanus, the infinite masses of modrons are a potent blend of organism and mechanism. Modrons seamlessly combine the two diametric designs into a seamless whole, a feat which is made possible by their highly orderly, magically charged bodies. Secundus are no exception to this rule, and have access to these powerful abilities as a result:
* Agelessness: all modrons, regardless of rank or station, are ageless in nature. Instead of having the longevity power, which implies an eventual lifespan, modrons simply do not age whatsoever. In fact, if not slain by accident or design, a modron may effectively live on forever, adopting new and more versatile forms as it ascends the ladder of law.
* Body Armor: both organic and inorganic in nature, all modrons have some manner of resistance to physical attacks. Essentially, the four secundus extant at any given time should be treated as having Typical (6) protection from physical attacks, and Feeble (2) protection from assaults of an energy-based nature. Secundus are more than capable of holding their own in melee, though they almost never have to.
* Clairsentience: all the modron high-ups have unbelievably acute sensory apparatus, allowing them to perceive just about anything within the plane of existence they currently occupy. Distance isn't a factor, really, but simply knowing where they need to look / listen / taste / touch / smell is. This power functions for all secundus at their Intuition rank (Unearthly (100)).
* Damage Reduction / Cold, Corrosion, and Fire Attacks: the modron physique is highly resistant, albeit not totally immune to, the effects of extreme cold, heat, and corrosives - this despite their partially metallic nature. They possess 2 CS of damage reduction against such attack forms, allowing them to maneuver in most hostile environs with relative ease - which comes in handy during the Modron March.
* Dimensional Transit: an offshoot of the hierarch modron's ability to teleport, this supernatural power allows a secundus to transport itself to another plane of existence altogether. However, this power only works at Remarkable (30) rank, and has the risk of materializing the secundus in solid matter unless it intimately knows the area it is traveling to. Thus, this power is normally used sparingly.
* Force Field: hierarch modrons have the ability to form a specialized force field in their immediate vicinity, in either a hemispherical or spherical form. Either way, this powerful force field acts as an Excellent (20) ranked barrier against incoming damage - even magical attacks! However, a determined opponent can teleport through it with ease. This field offers secundus the following protection:
Gd 10 / Ex 20 / Ex 20 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Invulnerability to Emotion Control, Illusion, Mind Control, Paralysis / Sleep, and Vampirism: all modrons, especially the secundus, are completely immune to these attack forms. As beings of ultimate order, they are able to shrug off such effects with ease - though they can readily perceive when such assaults are used (albeit unsuccessfully) against them.
* Mesmerism: though limited in scope, hierarch modrons can use this mental power to great effect when confronted with non-modrons of any kind. Working at Remarkable (30) rank, this power allows secundus to force others that fail a Psyche FEAT roll versus this rank to obey any one word, non-suicidal command, regardless of the victim's wishes. This power assists secundus in extending the absolute rule of law over all.
* Resistance to Magic: modron hierarchs are resistant to magical powers, whether damaging or otherwise, though each brand of hierarch has a different level of immunity to such power. For instance, the secundus has Monstrous (75) resistance to sorcery. This massive protection from anomalous energies and effects makes them nigh-invulnerable when faced with those who would stab at the heart of order.
* Telepathy: all modron hierarchs can telepathically contact modrons they may normally converse with at all times. Secundus, for instance, wield this power at Monstrous (75) rank, at least where other modrons are concerned. As such, they may achieve mind to mind contact with their tertian inferiors, their secundus peers, and the mighty Primus itself, pretty much at will.
* Teleportation: hierarch modrons have the innate ability to teleport at will, with significant range. Operating at Unearthly (100) rank, this handy power allows them a vast range of movement, and while on Mechanus, a secundus can teleport anywhere within the plane instantaneously. This allows them to monitor their charges, and any ongoing situations within their jurisdiction, with ease.
Growth: the secundus are huge. They stand at a full fifteen feet tall, towering over those before them - which can be more than a little imposing if they're bringing their power to bear upon you. This 'ability' is always on, functioning at Typical (6) rank, and gives them a size factor of +1. In other words, normal-sized foes hit secundus at a +1 CS, but secundus in turn inflict +1 CS physical damage against them. And vice versa.
Paralysis: if a secundus manages to strike an opponent in melee, it can also affecting him, her, or it with a powerful paralytic attack of Unearthly (100) intensity. This works if the target fails a Psyche FEAT roll against its power rank, and if paralyzed, the victim is allowed a FEAT to shake off paralysis on each subsequent turn - until they can free themselves or the secundus finishes them off.
Schooling: Master / Order (both Philosophical and Clerical)
The four secundus have unbelievably powerful magical abilities regarding the forces of order, and are considered masters of priestly magic of Order, and the philosophical school of order magic, each of which venerates and spreads the forces of law as a whole. On Mechanus, the secundus can cast such magic at Monstrous (75) rank, making them devastatingly powerful.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Fighting Logistics: the secundus, like all modrons, wield naturally organized minds. They can apply their inherent analytical tendencies to combat applications, sizing up a foe rather quickly. This allows them to add a +1 CS to all Fighting FEAT rolls made against a foe after 1d10 rounds (not turns), a bonus that lasts until said opponent radically changes his or her fighting style.
Law: more than anything else, the modrons are ultimate masters of law, knowing their own clockwork plane in and out. They extend this basic knowledge of What Should Be to all aspects of existence, and may attempt Reason FEATs based on orderly systems of any variety at a +1 CS, +2 CS if it involves their home plane, Mechanus, and +3 CS regarding Regulus itself.
Leadership: knowing how to spread resources around and delegate tasks like no other beings alive, secundus all have this skill as a general matter of course. Any group they are currently leading receives a 100 point boost to their Karma pool - even if the hierarch is simply leading other hierarchs. Their leadership leads to success in a given situation almost without fail.
Godlike in both aspect and personality, the four secundus live in peace and harmony with their one superior, Primus, and the order it provides them. They spend the vast majority of their time lording over the uncountable throngs of modrons below them (even if they can't communicate with them directly), so when a mortal speaks to them, they should seem aloof and detached.
Incredibly tall and thin (at least fifteen feet tall), the secundus are vaguely human in appearance, with long, narrow faces and deep-set eyes. Unlike the other modrons, the secundus seem to lack any obvious physical weaponry or mechanical apparatus as part of their being, but they may simply be so advanced that such components are too small to be seen.
The veritable rulers of Regulus (and thus, Mechanus), the four secundus each manage four of the sixteen regions of Regulus - in other words, sixteen of its individual, continent-sized cogs. They do so by sending the decrees of Primus down to lesser modrons, and ensuring that its commands are carried out, all to ensure that law may eventually spread to the multiverse as a whole.