Gd +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. Ex +20 to fellow Autobots, Ex -20 regarding Decepticons.
Brawn is a Transformer, a shape-changing mechanical life form hailing from Cybertron: a world that is of indeterminate and variable distance from our own. He possesses a variety of special abilities and powers related to his inorganic, electromechanical 'physiology'.
Cybertronian Physique: Brawn is one of innumerable mechanoid life forms hailing from the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, he is possessed of a variety of special powers related to his alien physiology, including the following:
* Body Armor: possessing durability above and beyond his fellows, Brawn is exceedingly well armored. His thick, armor-plated hide affords him Remarkable (30) protection from attack, enough to make him immune to most artillery fire. Brawn's armor breaks down as follows:
Rm 30 / Gd 10 / Pr 4 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Brawn, for instance, generally stands at around twelve feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at Poor (4) rank as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot brawler possesses a +1 size factor. He thus suffers a -1 CS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 CS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 CS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at Feeble (2) rank, these powers let Brawn see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most all Transformers, Brawn is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having Excellent (20) range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Brawn possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses Unearthly (100) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Headlights: to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Brawn is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate Excellent (20) intensity illumination, making driving at night no problem.
Shape Change: whenever he desires, Brawn can transform between his humanoid and Toyota Land Cruiser truck modes, and often does so quickly in battle for tactical purposes. When he's a Land Cruiser, Brawn has these vehicular statistics:
Super Digging: Brawn has been shown, albeit irregularly, to have the ability to tunnel through solid rock - thanks to a large boring device he can deploy in his vehicle mode. He can use this to travel through the earth at Feeble (2) speed - or thirty miles per hour!
Limitations / Enhancements:
Susceptibility / Electromagnetic Radiation: despite being heavily armored, Brawn's circuitry is rather primitive for a Transformer - focused solely on physical power. Thus, his armor is ineffective against electromagnetic interference - or direct attacks using such energies.
Impulsiveness: in his efforts to prove himself as a tough guy, much less as worthy of his fellow Autobots, Brawn often jumps the gun. Should he wish to hold himself back in the face of any threat, Brawn must first pass a Psyche (will) FEAT roll at a -2 CS.
Demolitions: when he's not busy punching up Decepticons, Brawn is typically busy punching up buildings. Though he accomplishes his goal with brute force, Brawn excels in the demolition of structures large and small, and should receive a +1 CS on related FEAT rolls.
Martial Arts type B: Brawn knows little else besides brawling. Fighting with his fists (or occasionally, his feet) instead of those new-fangled blasters, Brawn can attempt any unarmed melee attack of his choosing as if his Fighting score was +1 CS in rank.
Brawn is one of the Autobots, and by extension he can generally rely upon his fellows for aid in a pinch. This is is because, despite his grating and somewhat hostile personality, he's happy to go above and beyond in the fight against his faction's evil opponents.
He may derisively mock those weaker than him, both on his own side and in the enemy camp, but Brawn always brings the pain when his fellow Autobots are in danger. And he's willing to take it too, being much more capable of absorbing incoming damage than most of his friends.
In his vehicular mode, Brawn resembles a modified, slightly smaller than normal dark green Toyota Land Cruiser, one with tinted windows and a spare tire up top. In his humanoid configuration, he is a dark green and orange robot, seemingly built from spare Land Cruiser parts.
Additional details of Brawn's appearance vary somewhat. He is always depicted with a large, steel helmet, but sometimes he has a face plate covering his features, and other times you can see his full face. Occasionally, his arms end in immense clamps instead of hands.
Bluster. This one word is perhaps the best way to sum up Brawn's personality. Perhaps it's to compensate for his relatively small size, but Brawn is ready to brag up his prowess - and then put his money where his mouth is. He does this in an almost compulsive fashion, in fact.
Incredibly powerful for such a small mechanoid, Brawn often looks down on his 'weaker' Autobot allies - and constantly derides Decepticons weaker than he. And more often than not, such derision is expressed with his fists... or sometimes a well-placed kick.
At the same time, Brawn loves a good challenge, which can either consist of taking on foes bigger than himself... or simply surviving earth's terrain. And as he considers the entire planet hostile territory, Brawn is more than happy to take it on at every opportunity!
Real Name: Brawn
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Eyes: blue, sometimes white, or alternately a single black visor-like eye
Weight: one ton
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Brawn appears as either a modified, dark green Land Cruiser, or a squat, primarily green robot built from the spare parts of such, sporting a cheery orange torso, a chromed helmet and face, and steely arms (with either hands or clamps).
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.