Cliffjumper is one of the Transformers, silicon-based metamorphic life forms that originated on the planet Cybertron. All of his incredible super-human abilities, as compared to standard human beings, stem from his origins on this strange alien world.
Cybertronian Physique: Cliffjumper is one of countless electromechanical entities originating on the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, Cliffjumper possesses a wide array of ascendant powers related to his silicon-based physiology, including these:
* Body Armor (s): made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Cliffjumper is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Cliffjumper intensity 4 (+1) protection from attack, enough to help him ignore most human assaults.
* Growth (a): Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Cliffjumper, for instance, generally stands at around twelve feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at intensity 2 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot scrapper possesses a +2 size factor. This grants him a +2 bonus to the damage he inflicts on normal sized foes, while theirs suffers a -2 against him. Conversely, he suffers a -2 penalty to strike standard sized enemies, while they gain a +2 to hit him.
While this assumes a static volume, many Transformers have demonstated that their size can be highly variable. This reflexive, dynamic size manipulation is an emergent property of Transformers overall, though such mass displacement must surely consume vast amounts of power.
These dynamic volume shifts are most often used when transforming, and enable Transformers to interact with beings of differing sizes without further modifications being required of them. This ultimately allows Transformers to wield or ride within their fellows seamlessly.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at intensity 2, these powers let Cliffjumper see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most Transformers, Cliffjumper is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having intensity 7 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): as an inorganic life form, Cliffjumper possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses intensity 30 (+7) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Headlights (i): to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Cliffjumper is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate intensity 4 illumination, making driving at night no problem.
Horns (s): though he's not one of the strongest Autobots, physically speaking, Cliffjumper has some built-in sharp implements for melee combat. While his horns appear to be ornamental in nature, Cliffjumper can nonetheless use them to inflict +2 slashing damage when desired.
Shape Change (a): the ability that sets Cybertronians apart, Cliffjumper has the power to transform at will, between his (strangely proportioned) Porsche 924 Turbo and humanoid configurations. When in his vehicular mode, Cliffjumper can move with intensity 4 speed (124 MPH).
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Glass Gas Gun (i): sometimes inherent to his person, but other times resident in a distinct firearm, Cliffjumper can fire gas from this weapon that crystallizes metallic objects, rendering them brittle. This counts as an Remarkable (30) Metabolic attack against robots.
Boxing (s): though he's not really all that powerful, Cliffjumper nonetheless enjoys throwing down physically. The school of hard knocks has taught him how to fight competently while unarmed, which allows him to divide his total action score between two unarmed melee strikes.
As one of the Autobots, Cliffjumper can easily rely upon his fellows for aid should he require it. He usually doesn't ask for help of course, being as fearless as they come, but his allies often recognize when Cliffjumper is about to get himself into more trouble than he can handle.
He does that a lot, after all.
Animal Nature: Cliffjumper feels an almost primal urge to destroy Decepticons, who he loathes with an intensity greater than most can even comprehend. His impulsive violence and paranoid suspicions all stem from this basic need, which he can only suppress with great difficulty.
Not that he wishes to very often.
Cliffjumper presents himself in one of two configurations. When trying to blend in on earth, he takes the form of a cherry red Porsche 924 Turbo, albeit one with bizarre proportions. In his humanoid mode, he looks like a twelve foot tall, red, black and gray robot built from Porsche parts.
An eager Autobot soldier, Cliffjumper desires above all else to defeat the Decepticons, who he hates with boundless fury. His almost fanatic zeal for the war against those villains often prompts him into impulsive actions that put him at great personal risk.
Similarly, his loathing of the Autobots' foes often causes him to suspect his allies of treachery, particularly when they're involved in actions against the Decepticons he can't understand - usually because he's not duplicitous enough for espionage or trickery.
That's one thing you can always say about Cliffjumper: what you see is most definitely what you get.
Real Name: Cliffjumper
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record, either there or on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Autobots
Height: approximately 12'
Eyes: blue, though sometimes white
Weight: 2,381 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Cliffjumper is primarily cherry red in either of his configurations, whether in his Porsche 924 Turbo or humanoid mode. The latter is particularly striking, considering the large horns jutting out of his head.
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!