RV +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. RV +30 to fellow Autobots, RV -30 regarding Decepticons.
Hound is one of the Transformers, shape-changing mechanical life forms hailing from Cybertron: a world that is of indeterminate and variable distance from our own. He possesses a variety of special powers related to his electromechanical, inorganic physiology.
Cybertronian Physique: Hound is one of innumerable mechanoid life forms hailing from the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, Hound is possessed of a variety of special powers related to his alien physiology, including the following:
* Body Armor: made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Hound is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Hound rank value 10 protection from attack, enough to make him immune to most basic human assault. Hound's armor breaks down as follows:
RV 10 / RV 4 / RV 0 / RV 0 / RV 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Hound, for instance, generally stands at eighteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at rank value 6 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot scout possesses a +1 size factor. Hound thus suffers a -1 RS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 RS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 RS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at rank value 2, these powers let Hound see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most all Transformers, Hound is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having rank value 20 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Hound possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses rank value 100 resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Headlights: to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Hound is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate rank value 20 illumination, making driving at night no problem.
Infravision: when in his humanoid configuration, Hound can use his rear turret to take in ambient infrared radiation. He can read sources of such with rank value 75 skill, tracking temperature differences as small as .2 degrees Centigrade!
Radar Topography: Hound can use his turret in Jeep mode to emit radio waves. These waves do not inflict damage so much as they map the area within his line of sight. This rank value 75 ability only loses one inch of accuracy per one hundred and fifty feet so scanned.
Rocket Launcher: in his humanoid mode, Hound is equipped with a surface to air missile launcher on his right shoulder. These missiles have a maximum range of 20 miles, and are possessed of the following vehicular characteristics:
RV 20 Slashing (fragmentary)
Shape Change: whenever he desires, Hound can transform between his humanoid and Mitsubishi J59 Jeep modes, and often does so quickly in battle to maximize the use of his abilities. When he's a Jeep, Hound has these vehicular statistics:
Limitations / Enhancements:
Interference: Hound's scout functions can be easily negated by even the smallest of interference, whether electromagnetic or thermal in nature (depending on what form he's using at the time). Carefully planned emissions can even cause him to record false information!
Image Projector: Hound has a special rifle that he can use to emit light waves. In battle, this can be used to directly inflict damage upon his foes, emitting a focused light burst which is capable of causing rank value 10 Force damage per blast.
However, its true use is in the emission of complex holography. Hound can use his image projector to display terrain he previously scanned in his Jeep mode, or can cast basic illusions when desired - even products of his imagination! This device operates at rank value 75.
Tracking: thanks to his special abilities with the transception of both infrared and radiowave radiation, Hound has learned how to be an excellent tracker of others' movements. He should receive a +1 RS on any tracking ACT rolls required of him while in the field.
Though he's not a primary combatant, Hound is nonetheless an Autobot in good standing with his faction. This is because, while he's only so-so in a fight, Hound provides whatever allies he's working with with indispensable tactical information about their current environs.
He gets on well with most of his fellows, save for particularly violent Autobots such as Blades, and generally serves as a calming influence on them. As such, most Autobots would gladly help Hound if he were in trouble, no matter how dangerous it would be!
When transformed, Hound precisely resembles a green Mitsubishi J59 Jeep, one with a turret of dubious purpose on the back. In his humanoid mode however, Hound looks like a robot built from the repurposed parts of a green Jeep, albeit one with a large missile launcher on his shoulder.
Hound is something of a benevolent robot, hardly the hardened warrior that many of his fellow Autobots have become. But then his primary role is not that of a combatant so much as a cartographer. Which, naturally, has come in handy during his time on the planet earth.
Tired of the dull, lifeless nature of his home world, Hound has come to love the planet earth and its many splendors. Envious of humans and their world so much that he wishes he was one of them, Hound eagerly explores every nook and cranny of the world he's come to think of as home.
Real Name: Hound
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Height: 18' (approximate)
Weight: approximately two tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Hound appears either as a green Mitsubishi J59 Jeep or a black, green and chrome humanoid robot built from the parts of such.
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!