Ironhide is a Transformer, a shape-changing mechanical life form hailing from Cybertron: a world that is of indeterminate and variable distance from our own. He possesses a variety of special abilities and powers related to his inorganic, electromechanical 'physiology'.
Cybertronian Physique: Ironhide is one of innumerable mechanoid life forms hailing from the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, Ironhide is possessed of a variety of special powers related to his alien physiology, including the following:
* Body Armor (s): possessing durability above and beyond his fellows, Ironhide is exceedingly well armored. His trithyllium-steel skin affords him intensity 16 (+4) protection from attack, enough to make him immune to most assaults - human or Cybertronian.
* Growth (a): Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Ironhide, for instance, generally stands at eighteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at intensity 4 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot guardian possesses a +4 size factor. This grants him a +4 bonus to the damage he inflicts on normal sized foes, while theirs suffers a -4 against him. Conversely, he suffers a -4 penalty to strike standard sized enemies in the first place, while they gain a +4 to hit him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at intensity 2, these powers let Ironhide see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most all Transformers, Ironhide is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having intensity 7 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Ironhide possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses intensity 30 (+7) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Headlights (i): to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Ironhide is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate intensity 4 illumination, making driving at night no problem.
Mobile Battle Platform: when in his robot mode, Ironhide has the use of a large, treaded battle platform with which to fight his enemies. A part and parcel of his own being, Ironhide's platform can nonetheless be piloted by others, and moves at intensity 1 speeds.
* Missile Launcher (i): Ironhide's mobile battle platform is equipped with a projectile launcher that can fire up to three missiles per load. These devastating explosives can do considerable damage to Ironhide's enemies, inflicting intensity 11 slashing damage each.
* Static Laser Gun (i): the front of Ironhide's battle platform is equipped with a large lightning cannon, which emits discharges that home in on targets thanks to an atmosphere-ionizing laser beam. This weapon inflicts intensity 10 stunning energy damage per blast.
While this weapons is normally mounted on Ironhide's mobile battle platform, he can readily detach it for use in combat. While this is uncommon, since he can make greater use of his 'water gun', Ironhide nonetheless does wield his static laser gun without his platform on occasion.
Radar / Sonar Senses (w): helping in his role as a security officer, Ironhide is equipped with both of these senses, which operate similarly despite the differences in the energy they use to do so. Ironhide has intensity 14 radar and sonar senses.
Shape Change (a): whenever he desires, Ironhide can transform between his humanoid and Nissan Onebox Cherry Vanette modes, and often does so quickly in battle for tactical purposes. When he's a Nissan Vanette, Ironhide can move with intensity 3 ground speed (around 60 m.p.h.).
Water Gun (i): Ironhide can generate a large number of fluids at will, projecting them from the fingertips of his left hand. These liquids can be literally anything he desires, ranging from simple water to frigid nitrogen to burning lead to corrosive acid!
This gives Ironhide considerable versatility in battle, even before you consider his battle platform. The liquids he produces can achieve effects of up to intensity 10 in power, whether imbued with heat, cold, corrosiveness, or whatever else Ironhide has in mind.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Military (w): a very, very long-serving Autobot, Ironhide can be considered a natural for this talent. He knows the Autobots' policies and procedures like the back of his manipulator, and often even serves as a drill instructors for his fellow 'bots when necessary.
Ironhide is a very old Autobot. Just about every living member of this group is intimately familiar with him and his outwardly gruff demeanor - not to mention his no-nonsense attitude. He can readily rely upon anyone wearing his faction badge for aid in a pinch.
Soldier, with a secondary calling of Idealist: Ironhide is an Autobot's Autobot, and has been with the group for as long as anyone can remember - even himself. He sticks with them through thick and thin though, because he truly believes in protecting those who need protecting!
When in his vehicular mode, Ironhide perfectly resembles a red Nissan Onebox Cherry Vanette. After transforming however, Ironhide appears to be both a robot and a mobile, treaded battle platform built from the spare parts of that aforementioned, red Vanette.
Ironhide is old. Ironhide is ornery. Ironhide is tough. He's a quiet, yet gruff Autobot who has seen far more than his fair share of action over several million years. While Ironhide's really a kind old 'bot, it's sometimes hard to tell when he's going about his duties.
Real Name: Ironhide
Occupation: security officer
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Height: 18' (approximate)
Weight: approximately two tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Ironhide appears either as a red Nissan Onebox Cherry Vanette, or a red and chromed robot (and a large, treaded battle platform) built from the parts of such.
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!