One of the infamous Transformers of Cybertron, Mirage is a silicon-based, metamorphic life form. The entirety of his special abilities, at least in comparison to the human norm, are a result of this fantastic, extraterrestrial origin.
Cybertronian Physique: entities hailing from the planet Cybertron are almost invariably silicon-based mechanoids. No exception to this rule, Mirage possesses a wide array of super-human abilities thanks to this background, including the following:
* Body Armor (s): either formed or forged from mainly metallic materials, Mirage's body is quite sturdy. His rugged, inorganic makeup provides Mirage intensity 4 (or +1) protection against incoming attacks, which lets him ignore most pesky humans.
* Growth (a): unlike most species of life, Transformers scoff at the notion of a standard size, and often appear in a very large variety of such. Take Mirage for example, who stands at around eighteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, thus having this power at intensity 4.
As a result, this Autobot spy possesses a +4 size factor. Mirage suffers a -4 penalty when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +4 on whatever damage he inflicts against them, as well as 4 points of damage reduction against assaults they, in turn, attempt against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): perhaps as a result of their variable sizes, Transformers can adjust their visual sensitivity with relative ease. Wielding these powers at intensity 2, Mirage can spy objects up a mile distant, and can also read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): though he usually has little to say to other Cybertronians, whether or not he's currently allied with them, Mirage is equipped with an audio / video transmission and reception system. Working with intensity 7, it has an ideal range of 100 miles.
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): being inherently inorganic, Mirage is completely immune to poisons and diseases of organic origin. However, certain other forms of disease can affect Mirage, and his protection from them is 'only' intensity 30 (+7).
Electro-disrupter (i): this close range holographic projection system amplifies Mirage's espionage skills considerably. Primarily, it allows him to render himself invisible, or disguise himself like someone or something else, per those powers - with intensity 18 prowess.
It has a third, even more dangerous application, however. Namely, this device can shift Mirage's electromagnetic signature several feet in a random direction, making him appear elsewhere. This gives him +1 to hit others, while inflicting a penalty -2 on those attempting to strike him.
Shape Change (a): as if he needed further help in his role as a spy, Mirage has the power to transform at will! Mirage can change between his humanoid and Ligier JS11 Formula 1 racer modes in mere moments, and can move with intensity 5 speed (150 MPH) in the latter.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Rocket Dart Hunting Rifle (a): this oversized rifle, which Mirage used to wield stalking big game on Cybertron, can bring down just about anything. Its high speed projectiles explode on impact to inflict his Agility +5 in Armor Piercing damage with each incredibly deadly shot.
Detective / Espionage (i): even before you consider his transforming power and his incredible electro-disrupter, Mirage is a top notch espionage operative. He should receive a reduced difficulty on attempts to dig up dirt on a target, or when infiltrating a group.
Guns 2 (a): having spent untold years hunting big game on Cybertron, Mirage has developed his marksmanship to a fine art. An excellent sniper, he can wield almost any conventional firearms at a reduced difficulty, using either his Strength or his Agility.
Though they don't like him much and they trust him even less, Mirage is an Autobot, and can usually rely upon his fellows for aid should he need it - assuming he isn't being extra suspect in his dealings with them. He also has several, unnamed high-price friends on Cybertron still.
Exemplar: feeling he comes from a higher class on Cybertron, Mirage has difficulty palling about with the 'commoners' which make up the Autobot armies. He knows he has a better background and upbringing, but nonetheless has to work with them to achieve his goals.
Mirage looks expensive.
In his vehicular configuration, he appears to be a blue and white Ligier JS11 Formula 1 racer with various corporate logos plastered across his body. When he transforms into his humanoid mode, he looks like an eighteen foot tall robot built from Ligier JS11 bits.
Mirage is quiet and aloof. Part of this is because he isn't always assured of the Autobots' righteousness, and part of this is because his allies simply aren't the same class of mechanoid as the high-priced buddies he's used to palling around with on Cybertron.
At the same time, a lot of his effort is spent behind enemy lines, or otherwise working behind the scenes to stymie the Decepticon cause. Thus, it usually pays for Mirage to keep his mouth shut, both to protect his allies and his efforts in progress, as well as to save his own skin.
Which tends to make him just a bit unlikable to his fellows.
Real Name: Mirage
Occupation: spy, sniper
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record, either there or on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: various
Group Affiliation: the Autobots
Eyes: blue, though sometimes yellow or white
Weight: 1280 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: whether he appears in his humanoid or Ligier JS11 modes, Mirage is a primarily blue being, with white trim here and there, made out of an alien metal with considerable structural integrity.
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!