Gd +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. In +40 to fellow Autobots, In -40 regarding Decepticons.
One of the infamous Transformers of Cybertron, Mirage is a silicon-based, metamorphic life form. The entirety of his special abilities, at least in comparison to the human norm, are a result of this fantastic, extraterrestrial origin.
Cybertronian Physique: entities hailing from the planet Cybertron are almost invariably silicon-based mechanoids. No exception to this rule, Mirage possesses a wide array of super human abilities thanks to this background, including the following:
* Body Armor: either formed or forged from mainly metallic materials, Mirage's body is quite sturdy. His rugged, inorganic makeup provides Mirage Good (10) protection against incoming attacks, protection which is divvied up as follows:
Gd 10 / Pr 4 / Sh 0 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Growth: unlike most species of life, Transformers scoff at the notion of a standard size, and often appear in a very large variety of such. Take Mirage for example, who stands at around eighteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, thus having this power at Typical (6) rank.
As a result, this Autobot spy possesses a +1 size factor. Mirage suffers a -1 CS penalty when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 CS on whatever damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 CS of damage reduction against assaults they, in turn, attempt against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: perhaps as a result of their variable sizes, Transformers can adjust their visual sensitivity with relative ease. Wielding these powers at Feeble (2) rank, Mirage can spy objects up a mile distant, and can also read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: though he usually has little to say to other Cybertronians, whether or not he's currently allied with them, Mirage is equipped with an audio / video transmission and reception system. Working with Excellent (20) ability, it has an ideal range of 100 miles.
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: what with him being inherently inorganic, Mirage is completely immune to poisons and diseases of organic origin. However, certain other forms of disease can affect Mirage, and his protection from them is 'only' Unearthly (100).
Electro-disrupter: this close range holographic projection system amplifies Mirage's espionage skills considerably. Primarily, it allows him to render himself invisible, or disguise himself like someone or something else, per those powers - with Unearthly (100) prowess.
It has a third, even more dangerous application, however. Namely, this device can shift Mirage's electromagnetic signature several feet in a random direction, making him appear elsewhere. This gives him a +1 CS to hit others, while inflicting a -2 CS on those attempting to strike him.
Shape Change: as if he needed further abilities to help in his role as a spy, Mirage has the power to transform at will! He can change between his humanoid and Ligier JS11 Formula 1 racer modes in mere moments, and has the following vehicular characteristics in the latter form:
Limitations / Enhancements:
Rocket Dart Hunting Rifle: this oversized rifle, which Mirage used to wield stalking big game on Cybertron, can bring down just about anything. Its high speed projectiles explode on impact to inflict Excellent (20) Armor Piercing Shooting damage with each incredibly deadly shot.
Snob: though he doesn't intend to, Mirage can't help but talk down to his fellow Autobots. He's simply better than they are, for a variety of reasons, and has a hard time relating to them. He must pass a Psyche FEAT, at -2 CS, in order to show his allies respect when necessary.
Detective / Espionage: even before you consider his transforming power and the incredible abilities his electro-disrupter gives him, Mirage is a top notch espionage operative. He should receive a +1 CS on attempts to dig up dirt on a target, or when infiltrating a group.
Guns 2: having spent untold years hunting big game on Cybertron, Mirage has developed his marksmanship to a fine art. An excellent sniper, he can wield his rocket dart hunting rifle, or any other conventional firearms, as if his Agility was +2 CS higher than is listed above.
Though they don't like him much and they trust him even less, Mirage is an Autobot, and can usually rely upon his fellows for aid should he need it - assuming he isn't being extra suspect in his dealings with them. He also has several, unnamed high-price friends on Cybertron still.
Mirage looks expensive.
In his vehicular configuration, he appears to be a blue and white Ligier JS11 Formula 1 racer with various corporate logos plastered across his body. When he transforms into his humanoid mode, he looks like an eighteen foot tall robot built from Ligier JS11 bits.
Mirage is quiet and aloof. Part of this is because he isn't always assured of the Autobots' righteousness, and part of this is because his allies simply aren't the same class of mechanoid as the high-priced buddies he's used to palling around with on Cybertron.
At the same time, a lot of his effort is spent behind enemy lines, or otherwise working behind the scenes to stymie the Decepticon cause. Thus, it usually pays for Mirage to keep his mouth shut, both to protect his allies and his efforts in progress, as well as to save his own skin.
Which tends to make him just a bit unlikable to his fellows.
Real Name: Mirage
Occupation: spy, sniper
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record, either there or on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: various
Group Affiliation: the Autobots
Eyes: blue, though sometimes yellow or white
Weight: 1280 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: whether he appears in his humanoid or Ligier JS11 modes, Mirage is a primarily blue being, with white trim here and there, made out of an alien metal with considerable structural integrity.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.