One of the mighty Transformers, Sideswipe is a silicon-based, mechanoid life form hailing from the alien world of Cybertron. A product of this planet's bizarre evolutionary crucible, Sideswipe has numerous abilities related to his origin that can only be considered super human.
Cybertronian Physique: Sideswipe is a Transformer, a mechanoid being hailing from the world of Cybertron, a planet of variable distance from our own. Thanks to his siliconic origins, Sideswipe has many super human powers, including the following:
* Body Armor (s): either formed or forged from metallic and silicate substances, Sideswipe is quite hardy. His durable, inorganic construction provides Sideswipe intensity 4 (+1) protection from attack, letting him mostly ignore human assaults.
* Growth: few Cybertronians fit into a mold which might indicate a 'standard' volume. Thus, they all tend to have this power as a general description of their raw size in comparison to their fellows. Sideswipe, being eighteen feet tall, has this power at intensity 4.
As such, this Autobot warrior has a +4 size factor. This grants him a +4 bonus to the damage he inflicts on normal sized foes, while theirs suffers a -4 against him. Conversely, he suffers a -4 penalty to strike standard sized enemies, while they gain a +4 to hit him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): as do most of his fellow Transformers, Sideswipe has the ability to manipulate his visual acuity when necessary. He wields both of these powers at intensity 2, which lets him read microfiche, as well as see items miles away clearly.
* Radio Transceiver: Sideswipe is equipped with a deluxe, audio / video transmission and receiver system. This advanced equipment allows him to contact any Cybertronian within one hundred miles of his person, operating as it does with intensity 7 power.
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): like most Transformers of his time, Sideswipe's physiology is entirely inorganic. Thus, he's completely immune to diseases and poisons of that type, while only resisting others with intensity 30 (+7) ability.
Flare Launcher (i): this shoulder-mounted device can be used by Sideswipe to launch magnesium flares into the air, in order to signal others when radio frequencies are being jammed. These flares can be seen up to eighteen miles away, and are of intensity 14 brightness.
Headlights (i): useful devices indeed, Sideswipe has adopted headlights as have most other earth-bound, automotive Transformers. These front-mounted electronics emit illumination of intensity 4 brightness, which readily facilitates driving while the sun is down.
Shape Change (a): as a Transformer, Sideswipe naturally has the ability to transform! He has two modes, the first being humanoid, and the other being a perfect match for a Walter Wolf Countach LP500S, much like his brother. Sideswipe's vehicle mode moves with intensity 6 speed.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Photon Rifle (a): though it does not fire coherent light, this weapon nonetheless packs quite the energetic punch. The beam it casts can inflict his Agility +5 in concussive damage with each deadly blast, which is enough to put a dent in most Transformers.
Rocket Pack (a): this detachable unit allows Sideswipe to defy gravity for short periods of time. It allows him to fly with at intensity 7 speed, or at approximately 300 miles per hour, for up to two minutes before it requires additional fuel.
Martial Arts (a): since he lacks particularly dangerous armaments, Sideswipe has learned how to use his very body as a weapon. Whenever engaging in unarmed melee combat, Sideswipe may strike at one difficulty level lower than is normally necessary.
One of the Autobots, Sideswipe can naturally rely upon that faction of Transformers for aid in a pinch, for they rather like having him around. His brother in particular can be counted on for help should Sideswipe but ask, as he's one of the few 'bots Sunstreaker can tolerate.
Protector, formerly Gloryhound: these days, Sideswipe fights the good fight for the sake of saving others from the Decepticons. But when he first joined the Autobots, he was a lot more like Sunstreaker in motivation, and in it for personal satisfaction.
When in his vehicular configuration, Sideswipe perfectly resembles the earth vehicle known as a Walter Wolf Countach LP500S, in a cherry red coloration. When he transforms into his humanoid mode, he is an eighteen foot tall red, black and white robot with hints of an automotive lineage.
A likable, affable sort, Sideswipe gets on well with his fellow Autobots. He seems the antithesis of his sociopathic brother, Sunstreaker, in that he's witty and charming. But what most don't realize is that dark urges run under this surface of seeming amicability.
Sideswipe is more than happy to lie, cheat, and steal to get his way, whether playing games or fighting Decepticons. And in the past, he primarily fought against those villains for the personal glory that victories against the Decepticons showered upon him.
While he's more altruistic these days, Sideswipe can't help but resort to type now and then.
Real Name: Sideswipe
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record, either there or on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Autobots
Weight: 3,285 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: regardless of his current configuration, Sideswipe appears to be built from a strong metal that is primarily red in hue. Depending on which mode he currently rests in, he may also have additional, black and white components.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.