While he didn't start out as a Transformer, Zetar was built by them. Eventually growing to full sapience while performing his function, he became a full-blown Cybertronian himself, possessing a plethora of special abilities relating to his inorganic, electromechanical existence.
Cybertronian Physique: the mighty Zetar is one of innumerable mechanoid life forms hailing from the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, Zetar is possessed of a variety of special powers stemming to his alien physiology, including the following:
* Body Armor (s): constructed from primarily metallic materials, Zetar is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Zetar intensity 8, or +2, protection from attack, enough to help him disregard most human assault.
* Growth / Shrinking (a): the size of Cybertronians is all over the place - and some can even change that quality at will. Zetar, for instance, stands at eighteen feet tall (twenty-four if you include his drill bit head). He thus has intensity 4 'growth' to account for his volume.
As such, this Autobot raider possesses a +4 size factor. Zetar thus suffers a -4 when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +4 on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 4 points of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
While this assumes a static volume, many Transformers have demonstated that their size can be highly variable, changing so they can interact with beings of differing sizes with similar ability. This lets some Transformers ride within or wield others of similar size.
Whether or not Zetar has this ability, being a relatively recent creation of Cybertonian make, has yet to be revealed. But since this ability seems to range across Transformers as a whole, being an emergent property of the species, Zetar may or may not have it as well.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at intensity 2, these powers let Zetar see objects up to a mile distant with ease, and allows him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most Transformers, Zetar is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having intensity 7 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): as an inorganic life form, Zetar possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses intensity 30, or +7, resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Shape Change (a): while he developed a humanoid mode upon becoming sapient, Zetar couldn't originally transform. His functional mode is a drill tank, a powerful boring device with offensive applications, and while serving as one he has access to his super digging ability.
Stealth (w): since his function initially involved his sneaking under enemy encampments to steal their stuff, Zetar has been equipped to be as stealthy as possible. His sound, vibration, and emission dampers give him intensity 16 stealth - if drilling at minimum speeds.
Super Digging (a): enabling his primary purpose, Zetar can effortlessly tunnel through solid ground. He tends to stick to intensity 1 speeds to avoid detection and build useful corridors, but benefits from a maximum speed of intensity 5 if just passing through.
While he otherwise lacks weaponry, Zetar can wield his drill offensively in either mode. Against living targets, he can inflict his Strength +3 in slashingk damage with either as a headbutt or when drilling living beings in vehicle mode. His drill bit has an m.s. of 20.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Geology (i): greatly aiding in the execution of his designated function, Zetar is an expert on geology - whether based on that unique to Cybertron or the processes working on other worlds. He may resolve related Intellect actions at one difficulty level lower than usual.
Though he's a recent addition to their ranks, Zetar is an Autobot who works hard to earn his new allies' trust. His earnest support of their effort against the Decepticons has earned the Autobots' trust, and he may consider that faction of Cybertronians a reliable contact.
Idealist: Zetar is all-in on the Autobot cause. He was programmed to work for them, but decided he was right where he needed to be upon achieving complete awareness. Liking the ideas they were selling, he kept doing what he was doing - but willingly, now!
In his vehicular mode, Zetar appears like a black tactical boring device with yellow upper trim and a long, shiny drill bit. When he transforms into a humanoid configuration, Zetar has a black body, save for his yellow lower arms and legs, and he carries his drill bit on his head.
Unlike many of the Autobots, Zetar hasn't experiened millions of years of hardship in the war against Decepticon aggression. No, he's a new entity, formerly a drone built by the Autobots to creep up under enemy positions undetected, all to acquire their resources.
As such, he demonstrates an ostensibly endless wellspring of can-do optimisim. Upon spontaneously developing sentience, Zetar pondered his role in the Autobot war effort and decided it was worthwhile, and most importantly, it was a role he wished to continue performing.
Surprisingly sneaky despite being designed to bore through solid rock and metal, Zetar often confounds his allies by appearing out of seeming nothingness, and then vanishing back into the same with little effort. Just imagine how his enemies feel about that!
Real Name: Zetar
Occupation: stealth resources recovery / acquisition
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: Zero Exposure Tactical Action Recovery unit
Group Affiliation: the Autobots
Height: 24' (18' before drill)
Weight: several tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Zetar appears as a primarily black tactical boring device or robot, one with yellow trim (lower arms/legs in humanoid form, armor plating in boring device form), and features a massive drill bit in both configurations.
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!