* Amongst humans, at least. Rm +30 to fellow Decepticons, Rm -30 where Autobots are concerned.
As are the vast, vast majority of Transformers, Buzzsaw is a mechanoid entity originally hailing from the planet Cybertron. This inorganic mass murderer has a number of special abilities derived from his origins on that strange world that can only be considered super human in nature.
Cybertronian Physique: a world that is an unknown and variable distance from our own, Cybertron is the home of inorganic, mechanoid lifeforms. Chief amongst these are the Transformers, of which Buzzsaw is but one, all of which have these (or related) abilities:
* Body Armor: formed or forged from mainly metallic substances, Buzzsaw is somewhat durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Buzzsaw Typical (6) protection from attack, enough to help him ignore many human assaults. Buzzsaw's armor breaks down like so:
Ty 6 / Fe 2 / Sh 0 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Shrinking: when in his condor mode, Buzzsaw is approximately the size of a human being, and as such he operates under no special bonuses or penalties when engaging in entities of like volume. However, his alternate mode is that of a micro-cassette, which is quite small.
Though he can transform without shrinking, often when entering or exiting Soundwave, Buzzsaw's alternate mode makes spying quite easily when his marks can barely see him. His Remarkable (30) ranked shrinking lets Buzzsaw compress down to only one inch in length.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: like most Transformers, Buzzsaw has the power to alter his visual acuity, whether from his eyes or his head-mounted camera. The former of these powers operates at Feeble (2) rank, letting him read microfiche with ease.
The latter of these two abilities is slightly enhanced for Buzzsaw, however. His impressive telescopic acuity allows him to readily perceive a thumb tack at over twenty miles, which translates into Poor (4) telescopic vision - at a bare minimum.
* Radio Transceiver: in the event that he must communicate with Soundwave or any other Decepticons at a distance, Buzzsaw is equipped with a radio frequency transceiver. This device functions with Excellent (20) ability, giving Buzzsaw an overall 100 mile radio range.
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: Buzzsaw is a robotic lifeform. Thus, he is completely immune to disease and poisons that would fell a carbon-based entity. Rather hardy, Buzzsaw also possesses Unearthly (100) resistance to other forms of plague and toxins.
Beak: this terrible instrument is what Buzzsaw uses to craft his works of art. Diamond-tipped and micro-serrated, Buzzsaw can use this frightening appendage to inflict his Strength rank in Armor Piercing Edged Attack damage in melee, making short work of any defense.
Eidetic Memory: since his alternate mode is literally a storage medium, Buzzsaw can readily make use of this ability. Functioning at Monstrous (75) rank, Buzzsaw's eidetic memory allows him to recall almost anything he's recorded over the course of his lifetime.
Flight: taking the form of a robotic condor, Buzzsaw has the ability of flight! He can sail through the air, virtually soundlessly, with Incredible (40) ability. Having a top speed of 250 miles per hour, Buzzsaw can maintain this velocity for up to 1,500 miles before refueling.
Inaudibility: when he chooses to be, Buzzsaw is incredibly quiet. Able to soar almost soundlessly at up to his top speed for hours, Buzzsaw possesses this ability at Monstrous (75) rank, making it all too easy to sneak up on his next work of art.
Shape Change: though it's easy to forget, due to the precision with which he murders Autobots, Buzzsaw is a spy. Thus, he can assume the form of a micro-cassette, whether to be stored within Soundwave or to almost imperceptibly record audio for the Decepticons.
Twin Mortar Cannons: these two back-mounted devices can fire in tandem every other turn, allowing Buzzsaw to attack at range when melee combat is impractical. Together, they inflict Excellent (20) Edged Attack damage to Buzzsaw's target and anything adjacent to it.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Detective / Espionage: his designated function, Buzzsaw takes his spy work very seriously. He makes a point of being supremely observant, if only to better plan his next masterpiece, which helps him to notice odd clues and gather information that others would decline to reveal.
Natural Weapons: though he is armed with back-mounted mortar cannons, Buzzsaw doesn't really make their use his priority. No, he prefers to specialize in the use of his horrible beak instead, and may attack with this deadly implement at a +1 CS to his Fighting.
Despite some of his maudlin mood swings, Buzzsaw's nigh-surgical skill at dismantling Autobots makes him a highly regarded member of the Decepticons. It's quite possible, however, that his fellows treat Buzzsaw well in order to avoid his turning that skill against them.
Buzzsaw most often assumes his more ambulatory form, that of a black and yellow robotic condor. However, when secretly collecting data, or when preparing for storage inside Soundwave, Buzzsaw might transform into his micro-cassette mode, which easily escapes notice.
Buzzsaw projects the seeming of civility and erudition, his behavior even-tempered and his words carefully chosen. But his actions invariably betray the image that Buzzsaw would like others to perceive, for he is also one of the cruelest Decepticons ever built.
Possessing an immense ego and the twisted self-image of an artist, Buzzsaw likes to fashion his victims into inert sculptures of suffering. He coolly calculates the precise assaults requires to dismantle a foe, often in the most painful fashion possible, to achieve this end.
Always striving to top his previous masterpieces with a new work of twisted art, Buzzsaw eagerly assaults Autobots when directed to. However, things don't always go his way, and should Buzzsaw find himself unable to complete his latest tableau as planned, he'll likely sulk for days.
Instead of, you know, improvising and finishing the job anyway. Which betrays Buzzsaw's great weakness: his inability to think on his feet.
Real Name: Buzzsaw
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron wanted both there and on earth for any number of heinous crimes
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Decepticons
Weight: several hundred pounds
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: regardless of the form he currently possesses, Buzzsaw appears to be built from a strong alien metal that is primarily black and yellow in hue, with bits of chrome here and there.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.