* Amongst humans, at least. RV +30 to fellow Decepticons, RV -30 where Autobots are concerned.
A mechanoid hailing from the planet of Cybertron, Laserbeak is a Transformer. Inorganic in origin and sentient by nature, Laserbeak is possessed of a wide array of abilities that mark him as a resident of that bizarre alien world, abilities that can only be considered super human.
Cybertronian Physique: being one of the mighty Transformers, extraterrestrial mechanoids of great versatility, Laserbeak possesses numerous powers that showcase his super human capability. Those inherent to simply being a Transformer include the following:
* Body Armor: whether he was formed or forged, Laserbeak is comprised of primarily metallic substances. Somewhat durable, Laserbeak's inorganic composition provides him rank value 6 defense against incoming assault, a protection which can be expanded on like so:
RV 6 / RV 2 / RV 0 / RV 0 / RV 0
* Shrinking: when in his condor mode, Laserbeak is approximately human sized, and as such he operates under no special bonuses or penalties when engaging in entities of like volume. However, his alternate mode is that of a micro-cassette, which is considerably smaller.
Though he can transform without shrinking, often when entering or exiting Soundwave, Laserbeak's alternate mode makes assassinations quite easily when his marks can barely see him. His rank value 30 shrinking lets Laserbeak compress down to only one inch in length.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: like most Transformers, Laserbeak has the power to alter his visual acuity, whether from his eyes or his head-mounted camera. The former of these powers operates at rank value 2, letting him read microfiche with ease.
* Radio Transceiver: in order to relay information to Soundwave, or to otherwise keep in touch with his fellow mechanoids while on the job, Laserbeak is equipped with a powerful radio transceiver. This technology allows him rank value 20 range when transceiving radio signals.
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: altogether inorganic, Laserbeak possesses immunity to poisons and disease which would kill fleshlings. Furthermore, he benefits from rank value 100 protection against more chemically creative versions of these threats.
Beak: while it's not quite as terrifying as Buzzsaw's, Laserbeak can nonetheless inflict serious harm with his beak. He may use this implement to inflict Slashing damage in melee, which he is unlikely to attempt unless his foe has little chance of striking back.
Eidetic Memory: since his alternate mode is literally a storage medium, Laserbeak can readily make use of this ability. Functioning at rank value 75, Laserbeak's eidetic memory allows him to recall almost anything he's recorded over the course of his lifetime.
Flight: taking the form of a robotic condor, Laserbeak has the ability of flight! He can sail through the air with rank value 40 ability. Having a top speed of 250 miles per hour, Laserbeak can maintain this velocity for up to 1,500 miles before refueling.
Laser Cannons: his sole armaments, Laserbeak is equipped with two independently targetable laser cannons, each of which can be fired to inflict rank value 30 Armor Piercing Energy damage, though Laserbeak can concentrate them on a single target to inflict +1 RS damage.
Shape Change: while it's somewhat easy to forget, what with him almost exclusively remaining in his condor mode, Laserbeak can change his configuration, into that of a micro-cassette. This can be done to spy on others or when being stored within Soundwave.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Cowardice: Laserbeak is usually happy to engage in staggering brutality... as long as he does so from an advantage. He doesn't believe in a fair fight, and if found at risk of entering one, he must pass a Willpower ACT at -2 RS in order to confront that risk head-on.
Stealth: lacking the sneaky abilities some of his fellow micro-cassette warriors possess, Laserbeak has worked hard to improve his economy of action, such that he is harder to find. When attempting stealth, Laserbeak imposes a -1 RS penalty on ACTs intended to detect him.
One of the Decepticons, Laserbeak can presumably rely upon his fellows for assistance in his efforts against the accursed Autobots - assuming such assistance doesn't cross said Decepticons' purpose any. Or Laserbeak hasn't ratted their discretions out to Soundwave recently.
Laserbeak most often assumes his more ambulatory form, that of a black and red robotic condor. However, when secretly collecting data, or when preparing for storage inside Soundwave, Laserbeak might transform into his micro-cassette mode, which easily escapes notice.
Laserbeak isn't the kind of Decepticon you see coming. No, he's much more comfortable lying in wait, hiding in the shadows, and generally situating himself in a position where he can see everything going on around himself. This because he prefers to strike from a great advantage.
But then, Laserbeak is a consummate coward. He almost exclusively utilizes hit and run tactics, generally from ambush whenever possible, because he dreads entering a straight-up fight. And should his weaponry run low on power, expect him to flee at the very first opportunity.
Why, you ask, would the Decepticons tolerate such craven antics in their midst? Those Cybertronian villains retain Laserbeak because despite his skittish behavior, he's always a competent interrogator, occasionally an effective spy, and rarely a brilliant assassin.
All functions that Laserbeak can usually perform with little risk to himself.
Real Name: Laserbeak
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron wanted both there and on earth for any number of heinous crimes
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Decepticons
Weight: several hundred pounds
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: regardless of his current configuration, Laserbeak is apparently built from a strong alien metal that is primarily black in hue, with red and chrome trim scattered here and there for good measure.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.