* Amongst humans, at least. RV +75 to fellow Decepticons, RV -75 where Autobots are concerned.
Like most of his fellow Decepticons, Starscream is a Transformer, a mechanoid entity that hails from the strange and mysterious world of Cybertron. Inorganic by nature, Starscream has a number of specialized powers that can only be considered super human in origin.
Cybertronian Physique: a world that is an unknown and variable distance from our own, Cybertron is the home of inorganic, mechanoid lifeforms. Chief amongst these are the Transformers, of which Starscream is but one, all of which have these (or related) abilities:
* Body Armor: formed or forged from mainly metallic substances, Starscream is somewhat durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Starscream rank value 10 protection from attack, enough to help him ignore many human assaults. Starscream's armor breaks down like so:
RV 10 / RV 4 / RV 0 / RV 0 / RV 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Starscream, for instance, generally stands at eighteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at rank value 6 as a general matter of course.
As such, Starscream possesses a +1 size factor. This means he suffers a -1 RS penalty when targeting human sized foes, but inflicts +1 RS damage against them. Conversely, while they benefit from a +1 RS when targeting him, human sized foes inflict -1 RS damage against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: as do most Transformers, Starscream possesses the power to manipulate his visual acuity one way or the other. This grants him these powers at rank value 2, allowing him to read microfiche and see items several miles away with ease.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most Transformers, Starscream is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having rank value 20 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic lifeform, Starscream possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses rank value 100 resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease and toxin.
Blasters: these weapons are mounted on his arms in humanoid mode, or under his wings in his F-15 configuration. In addition to emitting his dreaded null rays, they can also deliver conventional destructive force, inflicting rank value 40 Force damage with each blast.
Cluster Bombs: his vehicular mode armaments, these weapons allow Starscream to bomb wide swathes of enemy territory in one go. These weapons disperse numerous explosives that can be dropped to inflict rank value 40 Slashing damage over a seven sector plot of land.
Flight: being able to transform into a fighter jet, Starscream can naturally make use of this power, doing so with rank value 500 ability - with a top speed of Mach 2.8. Starscream seems capable of using this power in either configuration, though at a -4 RS in humanoid mode.
Null Rays: whenever he needs to shut an enemy down, Starscream can subject them to his null rays. These beams act to dampen the energy within a target, whether living or inanimate, doing so with rank value 50 ability - enough to flatten just about anyone!
Shape Change: his signature ability, this power allows Starscream to transform, at will, between his humanoid and F-15 fighter jet modes. The fastest of Megatron's original troops on earth, Starscream can use this form to deadly effect. It behaves as follows:
Spectral Freedom / Possession: though he isn't aware of it, Starscream possesses an unquenchable Spark. Even if his body is destroyed, the essence of what makes Starscream Starscream will continue on, and can even possess other mechanoids with rank value 50 ability!
Limitations / Enhancements:
Cowardice: there are few that recognize the inherent worth of Starscream as much as Starscream does. Should he find himself at considerable risk, he will happily beg, grovel or even flee to secure his own safety, and must pass a Willpower ACT at -2 RS to resist urges to do so.
Aerial Combat: as one of the Decepticon Seekers, Starscream is naturally an expert in aerial combat maneuvers. He may add a +1 RS to any ACT rolls required of him to resolve combat maneuvers while in the air, whether they are offensive of defensive in nature.
Manipulation: while some view Starscream as a capable leader, particularly Starscream, the truth is that he generally gets others to do his bidding by less savory means. Whether buttering up a would-be patsy or brow-beating his inferiors, Starscream does so at a +1 RS.
The Air Space Commander of the Decepticons, Starscream possesses a high position in that organization, and can generally order his lessers around as is needed. Of course, only the dullest of Decepticons are unaware of his naked ambition, and thus watch themselves around him.
When in his vehicular mode, Starscream perfectly resembles a gray F-15 combat fighter, with red and blue trim on his wings, and orange cockpit glass. When transformed into his humanoid configuration, Starscream is an eighteen foot tall robot seemingly built from F-15 bits.
Vain and arrogant, Starscream perceives himself as the most handsome of the Decepticons, and the most important. He firmly believes in the Decepticon cause, and feels that his faction deserves someone of great skill and dashing to be its leader - namely, himself.
His unbridled ambition and treacherous behavior are so nakedly overt that those he would betray can usually see his turnabouts coming well in advance. And yet, somehow Starscream can easily manipulate his fellows into going along with his schemes most of the time.
Usually, it's only a fear of Megatron that checks some of the Decepticons who would throw in with him against their true leader. And Megatron tolerates Starscream's treasons warily, as he recognizes the skill and power that Starscream can bring to the table.
But despite his continual failures to seize command, Starscream's persistence never, ever wavers.
Real Name: Starscream
Occupation: Air Space Commander
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron wanted for numerous crimes both there and on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Decepticons
Height: 18' (approximately)
Eyes: red (sometimes gold)
Weight: 36,000 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Starscream, in either of his modes, appears to be a mechanical entity that is primarily gray in hue, with red trim - though he adds a dash of blue here and there.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.