* Amongst humans, at least. RV +20 to fellow Decepticons, RV -20 where Autobots are concerned.
Thundercracker, as are most of the Decepticons, is an electromechanical entity from the planet of Cybertron. This alien world, an unknown and variable distance from ours, is an evolutionary crucible that produces inorganic beings with what can only be considered super human abilities.
Cybertronian Physique: entities from the planet Cybertron are inherently more durable than fleshy earthlings, by dint of their inorganic, mechanoid natures. Due to his origins on that world, Thundercracker was blessed with the following, super human capabilities:
* Body Armor: formed or forged a long, long time ago, Thundercracker's technology nonetheless holds up against more contemporary Cybertronians. Considerably durable, he possesses rank value 10 protection from assault, which can be broken down like so:
RV 10 / RV 4 / RV 0 / RV 0 / RV 0
* Growth: entities from Cybertron rarely match up with each other, at least where volume is concerned. Thundercracker, like his fellow Seekers but unlike many other Transformers, stands at about eighteen feet tall, which means he has this power inherently, at rank value 6.
Growth of this value gives Thundercracker a +1 size factor. He thus suffers a -1 RS penalty when targeting foes of human size, but inflicts +1 RS damage against them. Conversely, they benefit from a +1 RS to hit him, but the damage they inflict upon him suffers a -1 RS penalty.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: Thundercracker benefits from the ability to alter his visual acuity, which comes in handy when you need to see vast distances ahead of yourself. He wields both of these powers at rank value 2, which makes flying much easier for him.
* Radio Transceiver: in order to keep in touch with his fellow Cybertronians, even when in the vacuum of space, Thundercracker is equipped with an audio / video transceiver. This equipment functions with rank value 20 ability, having a maximum transmission range of 100 miles.
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: thanks to his inorganic nature, Thundercracker is completely immune to organic poisons and diseases. He isn't immune to other forms of disease and toxins, but at least possesses rank value 100 protection against them.
Drone Missiles: in addition to his incendiary guns, Thundercracker is equipped with launchers for drone missiles. These guided projectiles have a 500 mile range, behaving just like cruise missiles, which Thundercracker can control with his very mind. They have these characteristics:
RV 40 Slashing (fragmentary)
Flight: since his alternate mode is an F-15 fighter jet, Thundercracker can fly. This power works for him at rank value 500 in his aircraft configuration, letting him move at 1,500 miles per hour. He can also use this power in his humanoid shape - albeit at a -4 RS.
Incendiary Guns: these fully automatic, arm-mounted weapons fire ceramic, heat resistant bullets full of an incendiary compound. On impact, these bullets shatter and their contents catch fire, letting Thundercracker inflict rank value 40 SD Energy damage with each burst.
Shape Change: blessed with the ability to change shape by dint of his species' evolution, Thundercracker can switch between his two forms at will. He can assume either a humanoid or F-15 fighter jet configuration, the latter of which has these vehicular characteristics:
Sound Generation: when he exceeds the speed of sound, Thundercracker generates sonic booms, concussive discharges of energy that he can shape and direct at his enemies. Thundercracker can do this with rank value 40 ability, inflicting like Force damage with each attack.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Social Dependent: not buying into the Decepticon cause, Thundercracker remains a member of this group to at least belong to something - he finds the alternative is too horrible to contemplate. If left to his own devices, he must pass a Willpower ACT at -2 RS in order to act decisively.
Aerial Combat: Thundercracker, being one of the Decepticons' elite Seekers, is adept in aerial combat as a general matter of course. This skill, acquired through eons of experience, grants him a +1 RS on any ACT roll he must attempt in the course of combat while flying.
A member of the Decepticons, Thundercracker can conceivably rely upon his fellows for assistance in a pinch - particularly his fellow Seekers. This, of course, assumes that helping Thundercracker would, by extension, help further the Decepticon cause. And usually it does.
In his F-15 combat fighter mode, Thundercracker appears to be a navy blue aircraft, with red trim on the wings, and orange tinted cockpit glass. When he transforms, Thundercracker resembles a blue robot, with red and chrome trim, built from assorted F-15 spare parts.
Thundercracker exults in his ability to fly, and considers those who lack it inferior to himself. Sometimes this merely involves snide dismissal, but other times Thundercracker will demonstrate his presumed superiority by terrorizing those on the ground simply because he can.
He's not all horrible, however. Thundercracker often finds himself doubting the actions that his fellow Decepticons direct him to do, particularly when it involves directly harming individuals who are utterly defenseless, such as humans. It just doesn't seem sporting to him.
Usually, his fellow Seekers are able to keep Thundercracker in line, most often by peer pressure, but sometimes they utilize implied threats. This almost invariably works simply because Thundercracker has no cause of his own, and finds the thought of lacking purpose terrifying.
Spending eternity with no reason to exist, what could possibly be worse?
Real Name: Thundercracker
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron wanted both there and on earth for a variety of crimes, both serious and juvenile
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Decepticons
Eyes: red (sometimes gold)
Weight: 36,000 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: regardless of his current configuration, Thundercracker is always comprised of primarily navy blue metal of alien manufacture, with red trim on his wing tips and chrome bits here and there.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.