Ex 20 *
Un 100 *
Gd +10 **
* Beachcomber has neither the ability nor the inclination to fight at the supreme level his Tech Specs indicate, while at the same time he is described as being unusually agile. Thus, Beachcomber's Fighting and Agility scores have been swapped, to more accurately describe him.
** Amongst humans, at least. Rm +30 to fellow Autobots, Rm -30 regarding Decepticons.
Beachcomber is one of the Transformers, the most infamous of silicon-based life forms originating on the planet of Cybertron. Thanks to his origins, Beachcomber possesses a vast array of capabilities that are above and beyond the scope of mere human beings!
Cybertronian Physique: Beachcomber is one of Cybertron's dominant life forms: a Transformer! Thanks to this, Beachcomber has been blessed with numerous super human capabilities that have allowed him to remain a pacificst all these years, including:
* Body Armor: while Beachcomber's body is rather rugged, allowing for offroad driving in his vehicle mode, the truth is that he's not particularly resistant to attack. His lightweight metallic frame provides him Typical 6 protection from injury, which is resolved as follows:
Ty 6 / Fe 2 / Sh 0 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Growth / Shrinking: generally, a consistent volume is something that doesn't happen to Transformers. Beachcomber is typically of the same size, however, standing at twelve feet tall. This gives him innate Growth at Poor (4) rank to account for his stature.
This affords Beachcomber a +1 size factor. He thus suffers a -1 CS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 CS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 CS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
On the other hand, Beachcomber is often seen boarding other Autobots, such as Jetfire. As such, he quite likely shrinks somewhat when riding within his allies, and at the same time, can grow slightly to accommodate Autobot passengers should they wish to take him for a joyride.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: like his fellow Transformers, Beachcomber can adjust the scope of his vision to various ends. Thanks to these Feeble (2) ranked powers, Beachcomber can see objects miles away with ease, or zoom in on microfiche to view its contents.
* Radio Transceiver: Beachcomber has an audio / video transceiver as a part of his very being, even if he ignores incoming messages with distressing frequency. This Excellent (20) ranked radio allows Beachcomber to communicate with other Cybertronians within 100 miles of him.
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: thanks to his innate immunity to carbon-based disease and poison, Beachcomber can explore terrestrial environments with ease. Sadly, his protection from more chemically creative disease is 'only' Unearthly (100).
Atomic Sense: one of Beachcomber's most useful innate abilities, aside from his ability to transform, is an inherent sense of the chemical compounds in his environment. This Unearthly (100) ranked power lets him identify even the smallest traces of useful materials.
Headlights: Beachcomber is equipped with two headlights in his Hellfire mode, mounted on the very edges of his front bumper. These dual lamps allow Beachcomber to generate Excellent (20) illumination, which makes driving at any time, day or night, a breeze.
Shape Change: his claim to fame as a Transformer, Beachcomber can transform between a humanoid configuration and a dune buggy mode. Beachcomber's M1040 Chenowth 'Hellfire' Fast Attack Vehicle mode has no armament, but possesses these vehicular characteristics:
Limitations / Enhancements:
Blaster: Beachcomber is irregularly portrayed as wielding a blaster - possibly because he has no inherent weaponry. He may fire this advanced weapon, should he be carrying it at the time, to inflict Good (10) Force damage with each and every powerful blast.
Low Stress Threshold: a peace-loving scientist forced to fight in a war for millions of years, Beachcomber is a bit of a basket case. Though he can generally keep his cool, Beachcomber is at a -2 CS to maintain his calm in the face of calamity of any sort.
Geology: his stock in trade, Beachcomber has worked to study the structure of planets for most of his existence. He should receive a +1 CS on any Reason FEAT roll required of him when studying a planet and its nature, whether or not he's ever been there before.
Beachcomber serves a valuable function in the Autobot ranks, namely to help them understand the physical nature of a planet they've made their way to. While he's otherwise useless to the faction, they nonetheless value the information he can give them about their surroundings.
In his vehicular configuration, Beachcomber resembles a blue and gray, 1982 M1040 Chenowth 'Hellfire' Fast Attack Vehicle - albeit an unarmed one. When he transforms, Beachcomber's humanoid mode appears to be a twelve foot tall blue and gray robot built from dune buggy parts.
Beachcomber despises conflict of any sort. A geologist by trade, he likes nothing more than taking long, leisurely drives through the extreme environments of whatever world he finds himself on. And as an Autobot, he manages to travel all over the cosmos!
Unfortunately, his membership in the Autobots comes with a price. Forced to fight whenever Decepticon aggression threatens him, his friends, or whatever world he is currently studying, Beachcomber has developed problems dealing with the stress of war over the eons.
While ostensibly level-headed and a cool cucumber, he cracks like an egg under pressure, and tends to either wander off to do anything else or completely loses his composure. It doesn't help that he's generally a reluctant participant in just about any battle.
Real Name: Beachcomber
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Weight: one ton
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: in his vehicle mode, Beachcomber perfectly resembles a blue and gray M1040 Chenowth 'Hellfire' assault dune buggy. When he transforms, he appears to be a humanoid robot built from the spare parts of just such a vehicle.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.