Like all of his fellow Autobots, not counting a few oddities from Nebulos, Blaster is an inorganic entity hailing from Cybertron. A communications expert, Blaster is equipped with the standard abilities of his species, not to mention several additional, unique powers!
Cybertronian Physique: one of the Transformers, Blaster is a shape changing mechanoid from the planet of Cybertron. Thanks to his origins on this strange alien world, Blaster possesses a wide array of abilities one can only call super-human, including:
* Body Armor (s): formed or forged from primarily metallic materials, Blaster is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Blaster intensity 8, or +2, protection from conventional forms of attack, which is enough to help him ignore most human assaults.
* Growth and Shrinking (a): Transformers come in all manner of sizes, the species generally scoffing at the idea of a conventional volume. Blaster is a prime example of this, standing at twenty-four feet tall in his humanoid configuration, giving him intensity 6 growth.
This communications officer thus has a +6 size factor. This means he suffers a -6 penalty when targeting human sized foes, but inflicts +6 damage against them. Conversely, while they benefit from a +6 when targeting him, human sized foes inflict -6 damage against him.
The trick is that, just like his various cassette warriors, Blaster can also shrink. When he transforms into a boombox, Blaster assumes the size of such a device, one about a foot long, which means he can also shrink with intensity 3 ability.
When transformed, Blaster has a -3 size factor. This grants him a +3 to hit human sized foes, though it cuts his damage against them by -3. On the other hand, human sized foes are at a -3 to hit Blaster's alternate mode, but cause +3 damage when they do hit.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): as do most Transformers, Blaster possesses the power to manipulate his visual acuity one way or the other. This grants him these powers at intensity 2, allowing him to read microfiche and see items several miles away with ease.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most Transformers, Blaster is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. Blaster's superior communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within 4,000 miles of his person, having intensity 12 range.
The thing about Blaster, though, is that he can detect radio signals much weaker than those his fellow Transformers can perceive. While he can only effectively transmit with intensity 12 ability, Blaster can actually receive radio waves with intensity 16 skill.
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): as an inorganic life form, Blaster possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses intensity 20, or +5, resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease and toxins.
Internal Universe (i): more than many Transformers, Blaster seems to have far more storage within his body than physics ought to allow. Blaster's signature chest compartment seems able to hold as many cassette warriors as he wishes, ready and waiting to do his bidding.
Shape Change (a): like all other Cybertronians, aside from some bizarre exceptions, Blaster has the ability to transform! He can reconfigure his body between his humanoid mode and his boombox mode at will, doing so often to maximize his utility for the Autobots.
Sound Generation (a): on top of his many other skills and armament, Blaster can generate a distressing amount of sound in his boombox mode. He may play back any sound he or his cassette minions has previously recorded, doing so at any intensity up to 15.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Electro-scrambler Gun (i): a portable electromagic pulse (EMP) factory, this weapon can discharge bursts of energy which disrupt even the most hardened of electronic circuits, doing so with intensity 16 ability against those unable to pass an operations check against its power.
Electronics: whether operating on his own or utilizing even more powerful equipment, such as that inherent to the Ark or Metroplex, Blaster can masterfully control all manner of electronic devices. Whether using, building, or repairing such things, Blaster does so at a reduced difficulty.
Not only is Blaster one of the Autobots, but he's a well-liked member of that band of warriors, to boot! With the possible exception of Grimlock, Blaster gets on well with all of his fellows, and can thus rely on any Autobot for assistance should he but ask for it.
Thrill-Seeker: usually the life of the party, any party, Blaster is constantly on the lookout for fun! While he's usually a dependable Autobot, both in and out of combat, he strives to hear and play all the rock 'n roll music he can get his manipulators on.
Blaster is an Autobot built from numerous brilliant hues. As a boombox, he has a mainly red body, with chromed speakers and a yellow hatch for his tape deck. In his humanoid configuraton, he seems like a robot built from an incredibly large boombox available in like colors.
Inconspicuousness and circumspection are not words in Blaster's vocabulary. From his brilliant coloration to his bombastic voice, you always know when Blaster is around, and he wouldn't have it any other way. He's loud, he's in your face, and he doesn't remotely feel bad about it.
At the same time, Blaster isn't rude. He's just a fan of living large, and is occasionally flummoxed by some of his more somber Autobot brethren. This tends to make him the life of the party, and he's generally well-liked by his fellow heroes from Cybertron.
The only time this gets him in trouble is where his love for rock 'n roll is concerned. His time spent rebroadcasting songs that trip his trigger often clogs Autobot communciations channels, and the greatest way to distract him is with an album he hasn't heard yet.
Real Name: Blaster
Occupation: communications expert
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Eyes: blue, white, or yellow, depending on what medium he appears in
Weight: several tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: in his boombox mode, Blaster appears to be a red music player with chromed speakers and a yellow cassette door. As a humanoid, he looks like a large, boxy robot with a red body, save for the oversized yellow door on his chest, black steel hands, a chromed face and legs, and a red helmet (which occasionally sports a visor).
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!