A Transformer, Cosmos is one of the most infamous of silicon-based life forms originating on the planet Cybertron. He possesses a wide array of capabilities related to his origins on that planet, most of which we can only consider super-human in nature!
Cybertronian Physique: hailing from the alien world of Cybertron, Cosmos is one of its dominant life forms: the Transformers! As do most of his fellows from that planet, Cosmos has the benefit of a large array of powers related to his electromechanical physiology, including:
* Body Armor (s): Cosmos is rather durable, being constructed (or formed, perhaps) from materials that are primarily metallic in nature. His innate composition, combined with his bulky anatomy, provides him intensity 12 (+3) protection from injury.
* Growth / Shrinking (a): among the Transformers, size isn't really a consistent quantity. Cosmos, for example, stands at approximately twelve feet tall - and he's twelve feet wide. As such, he can be considered to possess innate growth, at intensity 2, to account for his stature.
The curious thing about Cosmos, however, is that he is often utilized as a vehicle by other Transformers, often those who possess more volume than he! As such, he can grow further to accommodate such passengers, they shrink to fit within him, or perhaps some mix of the two.
In his standard volume, Cosmos has a +2 size factor. He thus suffers a -2 when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +2 on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as -2 reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at intensity 2, the former power lets Cosmos spy objects that are normally invisibly small, if barely, to the human eye.
Cosmos can also see things very, very far away. He possesses this ability at intensity 10, a distinct departure from his fellow Autobots. This enhanced visual capacity allows him to spy objects up to one thousand miles distant, as long as they are in his direct line-of-sight.
* Radio Transceiver (i): a communications operative, Cosmos has an audio / video transmission system. His enhanced radio wave transceivers allow him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a vast distance of his person, having intensity 13 range (10,000 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): taking his alien physiology and composition into account, Cosmos is naturally immune to carbon-based disease and poisons. He also possesses intensity 20 (+5) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Flight (a): unlike many of his fellow Autobots, Cosmos can fly! Doing so at intensity 18, Cosmos can cruise through the atmosphere at 450 miles per hour, but can increase this to 40,000 miles per hour, exceeding escape velocity and reaching deep space itself!
Particle Beams (a): equipped with front-mounted emitters in his vehicle mode, and wrist-mounted cannons in his humanoid configuration, Cosmos can fire a beam of coherent dense particles at a foe. These inflict his Agility +5 in 2x AP energy damage with each deadly burst!
Shape Change (a): a Transformer, Cosmos can reconfigure his body at will, shifting between a functional flying saucer and a somewhat less functional humanoid form. When in a vehicular state, Cosmos is much more maneuverable, particulary thanks to his level 3 Astronaut skill.
Turnabout (a): wielding a specialized form of this power, Cosmos can reflect radio wave energies off of his body in his vehicular mode with intensity 20 skill, redirecting them as he sees fit. This normally versatile power only works on this form of energy, and no other.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Impulsiveness: while most of us find space fascinating, Cosmos gets bored hanging out in low earth orbit, day after day. He is thus prone to occasional bouts of impulsive thrill-seeking, and must resist the urge to spook humans on the ground at an increased difficulty.
Astronaut 3 (a): it may go without saying, but Cosmos knows all about traversing the inky black void of space! He should receive a reduced difficulty on flying actions while out there, particularly in cases of low or no gravity, and when finding his way between celestial bodies.
Cosmos is one of the Autobots! He most often works with Blaster as a vital component of that faction's communications network, but Cosmos can usually rely upon his fellows for aid in a pinch - even if he screws up missions now and then by wandering off to entertain himself.
Soldier, with a secondary calling of Thrill-seeker: for the most part, Cosmos is a trooper, risking life and limb for his fellow Autobots out of a sense of duty. His sanity prompts him to randomly amuse himself while on duty, however, which occasionally causes everyone problems.
Cosmos, in his vehicular mode, appears to be an olive green flying saucer, one with yellow trim and a red cockpit! When he transforms, however, Cosmos appears to be a somewhat humanoid entity, one as tall as he is wide, made from green, yellow, and red spacecraft parts and pieces.
Cosmos loves to spend time with his fellow Autobots, and can get down with the best of 'em. He tends to cram in as much face time as he can with his teammates while he's off duty, because once he's back on the job, Cosmos is often crushed by the isolation he feels in space.
When his fellows are incommunicado for too long, Cosmos tends to reel from boredom as well, causing him to occasionally abandon his post in near earth orbit. When he does so, Cosmos often plays pranks on humans by hovering over their homes, and hopes the Autobots don't notice.
Though somewhat less reliable than they would like, Cosmos is nonetheless appreciated by his teammates, because they know he sacrifices a lot simply by doing his job. After all, his being out there allows them to do theirs that much more easily - and more safely.
Real Name: Cosmos
Occupation: reconnaissance and communications operative
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Eyes: sometimes yellow, sometimes blue
Weight: several tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Cosmos has a particularly bulky build, stretching the definition of 'humanoid' considerably, to accommodate the peculiar nature of his vehicular configuration. In either form, he appears to be primarily made from green and yellow materials.
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!