A Transformer, Hoist is one of the most infamous of silicon-based life forms originating on the planet Cybertron. He possesses a wide array of capabilities related to his origins on that planet, most of which we can only consider super human in nature!
Cybertronian Physique: hailing from the alien world of Cybertron, Hoist is one of its dominant life forms: the Transformers! As do most of his fellows from that planet, Hoist has the benefit of a large array of powers related to his electromechanical physiology, including:
* Body Armor (s): Hoist is rather durable, being constructed (or formed, perhaps) from materials that are primarily metallic in nature. His innate composition, combined with his bulky anatomy, provides him intensity 8 (or +2) protection from injury.
* Growth / Shrinking (a): among the Transformers, size isn't really a consistent quantity. Hoist, for example, stands at approximately eighteen feet tall - and he's twelve feet wide. As such, he can be considered to possess innate growth, at intensity 4, to account for his stature.
The curious thing about Hoist, however, is that he often utilizes other Transformers as a vehicle, even those who possess just as much volume as he! As such, he can shrink to fit within others or grow to accommodate passengers in turn, depending on his needs at the moment.
In his standard volume, Hoist has a +4 size factor. He thus suffers a -4 when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +4 on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as -4 damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at intensity 2, these powers let Hoist see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most Transformers, Hoist is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having intensity 7 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): taking his alien physiology and composition into account, Hoist is naturally immune to carbon-based disease and poisons. He also possesses intensity 20 (or +5) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Headlights (i): because they come in so handy in the dark, Hoist has been equipped with a convenient set of headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate intensity 8 illumination, making driving at night no problem for this Autobot.
Multi-sensor (w): mounted atop his head, this implement grants Hoist the ability to learn much about anything he aims it at. It provides him the Atomic Sense and Energy Sense powers at intensity 16, greatly assisting his ability to maintain and repair the Autobots.
Radar Sense (w): supplementing the additional awareness granted him by his multi-sensor, Hoist is equipped with a powerful radar suite, which he can use in either mode. It works at intensity 7, covering a maximum area of one hundred miles, if the terrain plays ball.
Rocket Launcher (i): Hoist can retract one or both of his hands, and replace his manipulators with rocket launchers! Hoist can launch one or two of these heat-seeking missiles at once, each of which inflicts intensity 10 damage, raised by 1 if both hit simultaneously.
Shape Change (a): Hoist can transform at will between his humanoid and Toyota Hi-Lux tow truck modes, and often does so quickly in battle to maximize the use of his abilities. When he's a seemingly ordinary tow truck, Hoist moves at intensity 2 ground speed (45 MPH).
Tow Hook (s): Hoist is arguably stronger in his vehicle mode than he is in his humanoid configuration. This is because he can tow upwards of twenty tons without losing any speed, and a whole lot more if he can tolerate driving at a much slower pace.
Twin Blasters (a): as he can with his rocket launchers, Hoist can retract one or both of his hands, in order to replace them with twin blasters! Each of these weapons fires two beams which inflict his Agility +5 in force damage, but Hoist can boost this +1 when firing both.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Repair / Tinkering (a): though strong, heavily armored, and even more heavily armed, Hoist's main skill involves repairing things instead of tearing them apart. He may reduce the difficulty of actions when attempting the maintenance or repair of electromechanical objects by one level.
While he's not a particularly higly ranked Autobot, Hoist is regarded fondly by his fellows. Sure, he's constantly fussing over their wear and tear, and obsessively ensures they take care of themselves, but the Autobots know that this is all with the best intentions in mind.
Guardian: while Ratchet is the Autobots' chief surgeon, Hoist is their family doctor. He will do his level best to protect his fellows, whether this involves fighting alongside them against the Decepticons, or dragging them bodily to their next maintenance appointment.Likeness:
In his vehicle mode, Hoist looks like a green Toyota N30 Hi-Lux pickup truck, one equipped with a neon orange tow hook, and various caution decals scattered across its frame. In his humanoid configuration, he appears to be a robot built from the parts of a green and orange tow truck.
Hoist is a jovial, cheerful sort. He enjoys his work immensely, whether peacefully patching his allies up or violently tearing his enemies apart at the seams. This is because he truly cares about his fellow Autobots, and wants to keep them operational as long as is possible.
On the other hand, this leads him to obsessing over the health of his allies. Hoist constantly hounds the Autobots to rigidly adhere to the maintenance schedule he has arranged for them, and makes no exceptions for anyone to skip their prescribed time with him.
The Autobots tolerate Hoist despite his being an incesant fussbucket regarding their health, because they know in their hearts that he only does so because he cares about their welfare so much. That, and you know, his constant efforts keeps them all in tip-top shape!
Real Name: Hoist
Occupation: maintenance mechanic
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Height: 18' (approximate)
Weight: approximately two tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Hoist has the appearance of either a green Toyota Hi-Lux N-30 pickup truck with an orange tow hook mounted on the back, or a green, orange, and chromed humanoid robot built from various parts of such a vehicle.