RV +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. RV +50 to fellow Autobots, RV -50 regarding Decepticons.
Skids is one of the Transformers, a shape-changing, silicon-based life form from the planet Cybertron. He has a large roster of super-human capabilities related to his origins on that world, primarily thanks to his electromechanical, inorganic nature.
Cybertronian Physique: Skids is one of innumerable mechanoid entities whose origins lie on the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, Skids benefits from a wide variety of special powers related to his alien physiology, including the following:
* Body Armor: either formed or built from materials that are primarily metallic, Skids is somewhat durable. His inorganic structure provides Skids Good (10) protection from physical attack, a defense which breaks down in the following fashion:
RV 10 / RV 4 / RV 0 / RV 0 / RV 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Skids, for instance, generally stands at fifteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at rank value 6 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot theoretician possesses a +1 size factor. Skids thus suffers a -1 RS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 RS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 RS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at rank value 2, these powers let Skids see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most Transformers, Skids is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having rank value 20 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: being an inorganic life form, Skids possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses rank value 100 resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Eidetic Memory: one trait that greatly assists Skids in the execution of his duties as the Autobots' theoretician is his staggering recall, above and beyond that which his fellows possess. He benefits from the use of this power at rank value 100.
Headlights: to better emulate earthen vehicles, and since they come in handy in the dark, Skids is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate rank value 20 illumination, making driving at night no problem.
Kinetic Energy Control: possessing an extremely limited form of this power, Skids can go from his maximum speed to a complete stop in but twenty-five feet. This is rough on Skids' body, however, and he must pass a Fortitude ACT against his former speed or suffer like damage.
Shape Change: possibly the power he is most famous for, Skids has the ability to transform! He can switch between his humanoid and his Honda City subcompact car forms at will, and while in the latter configuration, he possesses these vehicular characteristics:
Limitations / Enhancements:
Electron Blaster: this armament, essentially a lightning gun, fires twin bolts of electrical energy at Skids' foes, bolts which top out at 20,000 volts. Effective at shorting out enemies, they inflict rank value 30 Stunning Energy damage with each powerful blast.
Liquid Nitrogen Rifle: Skids also wields a weapon that fires a stream of liquid nitrogen at his foes. This substance can generally coat a foe in a block of ice, at least when combined with ambient moisture, and generally inflicts rank value 30 Energy damage when doing so.
Missile Launcher: finally, Skids carries a hand-held device which can be used to fire missiles at his opponents! He can generally fire three such projectiles before needing to procure more, each of which has their own, vehicular characteristics:
RV 30 Slashing (fragmentary)
Archaeology / Anthropology: even before he came to earth, Skids studied the origins of sentient beings and their resultant cultures. As such, he enjoys plying his trade on this all new world, and should receive a +1 RS on any ACT rolls related to the science of behavior.
Skids is one of the Autobots! He can naturally rely upon his fellows for assistance either on a mission or at other times, primarily because his faction generally cares about each other - and needs every boot on the ground they can manage against the Decepticons!
In his vehicle mode, Skids is indistinguishable from a blue Honda City subcompact car, one with red and white racing stripes. When he transforms into his humanoid configuration, he appears to be a fifteen foot tall robot ingeniously assembled from the parts of precisely that model of vehicle.
The best word one could use to describe Skids is 'distracted'. It's not that he doesn't care about the Autobot cause, so much as his powerful analytical circuitry is constantly processing all the information that he's ever ingested, causing him to ponder it. At length.
The theoretician of his faction, Skids ceaselessly studies the world he finds himself in. He ostensibly does so to use every scrap of data he can get his hands on to the Autobots' advantage, but Skids mainly persists because he finds the science of people so fascinating.
This has caused more than one Autobot to question Skids' dedication to the cause, including Skids himself. However, there's no arguing that the work Skids does is invaluable to his fellows, as it has given them unique opportunities to strike out at the Decepticons.
Real Name: Skids
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Height: 15' (approximate)
Weight: several tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Skids is of slightly smaller stature than any of his fellow Autobots, primarily because he transforms into a subcompact, blue Honda City automobile. In his robot mode, he appears to be a mechanoid built from the parts of such a vehicle.
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!