* Amongst humans, at least. Rm +30 to fellow Autobots, Rm -30 where Decepticons are concerned.
Whirl is a Transformer, one of the most infamous of the silicon-based life forms hailing from the planet Cybertron. His origins on that world have blessed Whirl with a considerable roster of inherent abilities that would seem, at least to ordinary humans, fantastic in nature!
Cybertronian Physique: one of the robotic spawn of Cybertron, Whirl is an example of its dominant life form: the Transformers! Like everyone else hailing from that world, Whirl benefits from numerous abilities related to his electromechanical physique, including:
* Body Armor: whether he formed naturally or was constructed by others, Whirl's very body is comprised of primarily metallic substances. Thanks to this, Whirl enjoys Good (10) protection from injury, a defense which breaks down as follows:
Gd 10 / Pr 4 / Sh 0 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Growth / Shrinking: among the Transformers, size isn't really a constant. Whirl, for example, stands at approximately twenty-four feet tall - larger than many of his peers. As such, he can be considered to possess innate growth, at Good (10) rank, to account for his stature.
The curious thing about Whirl, however, is that he is used as a vehicle by other Transformers, often those who possess more volume than he! As such, he can either grow further to accommodate such passengers, they shrink to fit within him, or perhaps some mix of the two.
Regardless of his current configuration, Whirl has a +2 size factor. He thus suffers a -2 CS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +2 CS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 2 CS of damage reduction towards any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at Feeble (2) rank, these powers let Whirl see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most Transformers, Whirl is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having Remarkable (30) range (500 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: taking his alien physiology and composition into account, Whirl is naturally immune to carbon-based disease and poisons. He also possesses Unearthly (100) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Flight / Levitation: the entire purpose of his vehicular mode, Whirl can fly while transformed! His speed can range anywhere between zero and four hundred miles per hour, and he can fly at any angle save for upside down - unless doing so in the midst of a loop, that is!
Incendiary Cannon: in his helicopter mode, Whirl is equipped with a rotary-barreled, incendiary shell cannon under one wing. Its devastating ammunition inflicts Excellent (20) Energy damage when fired in a short burst, raised by +1 CS when the weapon is fired continuously.
Photon Rifle: under his other wing, Whirl benefits from a photon rifle in his vehicular configuration. This weapon can fire a burst of light capable of inflicting Remarakble (30) damage, of either a Force or Energy type, depending on which mode Whirl prefers at the moment.
Shape Change: possibly the power he is most famous for, Whirl has the ability to transform! He can switch between his humanoid and his Bell AH-1 Cobra forms at will. While in the latter configuration, he possesses these vehicular characteristics:
Limitations / Enhancements:
Recklessness: constantly pushing his vehicle mode to its very limits, Whirl is prone to immobilizing himself by damaging his helicopter blades. He must roll an Endurance FEAT each 1d10 turns while fighting, the failure of which disables his flight capabilities.
Null-ray Module: this hand-held weapon allows Whirl to rapidly disarm opponents, making them easy pickings. Functioning at Amazing (50) rank, it can dampen any energy field with like ability, whether it be an ambient phenomenon or that inherent to his fellow Cybertronians.
Paralyzo-box: this leg-mounted weapon allows Whirl to easily neutralize opponents, should he need them alive. The darts it fires inject a fluid which works against the function of robotic entities, paralyzing them if they fail an Endurance FEAT against Amazing (50) rank.
Aerial Combat: his literal function, Whirl has been fighting in the skies for far longer than the human race has known civilization. As such, he may resolve combat FEATs while airborne, whether offensive or defensive in nature, at a +1 CS to the applicable ability score.
Whirl is one of the Autobots! Sure, they tend to keep him at arm's length due to his seeming insanity, not to mention the fact that many of his fellows fear him likely to eventually change sides, but they always appreciate the air support he provides them in the field.
Whirl is primarily sky blue with black accents in either mode. As a vehicle, he resembles a Cobra AH-1 assault helicopter with yellow blades and red stripes here and there. His humanoid configuration appears built from the spare parts of a sky blue AH-1, but with additional flourishes.
To wit, he possesses frightening pincers instead of conventional hands, and a face that consists of a singular, burning red eye. His head is otherwise Navy blue in hue, and he enjoys additional Navy blue trim in places, such as his neck and elbow joints.
Whirl careens through the skies with reckless abandon, making noises of glee as he soars here and there. He does this whether or not he is alone in the air, doing so either when ferrying passengers about or when attempting to ground Decepticons within his firing range.
It may at first appear that he just likes flying very much, but the truth of it is that Whirl does this to unnerve his many enemies. And this is successful, as Whirl's reputation precedes him, and narry a Decepticon wants to mix it up with him if they can all avoid it.
For the most part, Whirl has convinced his fellow Autobots that he's simply playing the part of a madman to improve his overall effectiveness in battle. But sometimes they wonder if the act they witness is Whirl pretending to be insane - or pretending to be sane.
Real Name: Whirl
Occupation: aerial assault specialist
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Weight: several tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: in either of his configurations, Whirl appears to be haphazardly constructed from sky blue components, whether taking the form of a Cobra AH-1 assault helicopter or a humanoid robot seemingly built from the rearranged parts of one.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.