RV +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. RV +40 to fellow Autobots / Maximals, RV -40 regarding Predacons / Decepticons / Vehicons.
Like his fellow Spychangers (and Autobots) on earth, Crosswise is an electromechanical being from Cybertron, a robot that strives to prevent Decepticon dominion of the universe. This alien may also be from another time period, making him doubly out of place on earth.
Cybertronian Physique: like his fellow Autobots, Crosswise is a robotic entity of Cybertronian origin. As such, inventive genius has, by his very nature, the use of a large variety of abilities that reflect this. His very body gives Crosswise these super human powers:
* Body Armor: made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Crosswise is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords him rank value 10 protection from attack, enough to shrug off most basic human assaults. Crosswise's armor breaks down as follows:
RV 10 / RV 4 / RV 0 / RV 0 / RV 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Crosswise, for instance, generally stands at around twelve feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at rank value 4 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot inventor possesses a +1 size factor. He thus suffers a -1 RS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 RS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 RS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at rank value 2, these powers let Crosswise see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most Transformers on earth, Crosswise is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other nearby Cybertronians, having rank value 20 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Crosswise possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses rank value 100 resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Headlights: to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Crosswise is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate rank value 20 illumination, which make driving at night no problem.
Shape Change: whenever he desires, Crosswise can transform between his humanoid and futuristic car mode, and often does so quickly for tactical purposes. This power is voice-activated, however ('Crosswise, Transform!'). His car mode has these vehicular statistics:
Spark Engine: supercharged like the Autobot brothers were via the Matrix, the six original Spychangers were subsequently given new spark engines to handle their increased power. After this event, each of these six Autobots developed additional, mysterious powers.
When activating his spark engine, Crosswise will turn a translucent green in hue, with yellow trim in places. He can then enjoy the benefit of rank value 30 flight while so supercharged, allowing him to soar through the air at 204.55 miles per hour!
Spychanger Powers: as a member of the elite Autobot Spychangers squad, Crosswise has acquired access to a series of special abilities that most Autobots - heck, most Transformers, really - lack. These rather handy, versatile abilities include the following super human powers:
* Blending: important to their roles as the Autobot spies, this power augments the Spychangers' disguise abilities considerably. It allows them to disappear into their surroundings with little or no assistance from any props or other accessories, and they can do so with rank value 30 skill.
* Clinging: the Spychangers can all defy gravity to an extent. When not flying, Crosswise can nonetheless drive along any surface in his vicinity, regardless of either its horizontal or vertical relation to the local plane of gravity, doing so with rank value 30 skill.
* Inferno Blast: when acting in concert, the Spychangers can combine their energies. One use of this ability allows them to generate rank value 100 heat, inflicting like Energy damage on contact - this is great against very large foes, or when making their own roads!
* Intangibility: an interesting power that the Spychangers have demonstrated here and there is their ability to pass through solid matter as if it wasn't there. They use this ability rarely, suggesting that it requires a lot of power to work. Regardless, this is a rank value 30 power.
* Jelling: this power allows Crosswise to temporarily solidify the surface of liquids beneath him, letting him drive on fluids with rank value 30 ability. This primarily works in his vehicle mode, but if he transforms at high speed, Crosswise can 'skid' on water for some time.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Cross-Blaster: his trademark weapon, of his own design, Crosswise is particularly proud of it. The cross-blaster can fire a beam that either inflicts Force damage, or surrounds an object with antigravitons, causing it to float off. These effects both work at rank value 20.
Detective / Espionage: common to the Spychangers, this talent represents their ability to blend into their surroundings, collect information, and even solve mysteries if they find it necessary. It grants them a +1 RS to the applicable trait in ACTs of these kinds.
Engineering: a competent engineer, Crosswise is very skilled at building things - just about anything, in fact. When putting something together (mechanical or otherwise), he does so at his Intellect value +1 RS, whether he's building something on a planet or in the depths of space.
Physics / Astrophysics: a lot of his work applies to engineering things in space; as such, Crosswise needs to know how things function, either on a planetary body or in the void of interplanetary and interstellar space. This skill grants Crosswise a +1 RS to any related Intellect ACTs.
As a member of the elite Spychangers, Crosswise can naturally rely on his close-knit teammates for assistance should he need it, not to mention the other Autobots. After all, he and his friends must stick together, lest they be ripped to shreds by their Predacon / Decepticon / Vehicon foes.
In his vehicle mode, Crosswise resembles a futuristic car, one that is forged from a strange, translucent blue metal, and has a rather large, stylized silver 'x' on the hood. In his humanoid form, Crosswise resembles a red and translucent blue robot built from spare car parts.
The Spychangers' science officer, Crosswise is well-versed in space engineering and also helps out in the development of new machinery and maintenance of his teammates. He is equipped with a gravity beam gun with which he can control antigravity, causing all manner of objects to rise up into the air.
Real Name: Crosswise
Occupation: scientist, spy
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Spychangers, the Autobots
Height: approximately 12 foot tall
Weight: approximately one ton
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Crosswise is composed of a strong alien metal that is primarily translucent blue in color, with bits of red, chrome, and clear translucent material in places.
The exact origin of the Autobot called Crosswise isn't exactly known. You see, he comes from Cybertron, as does his fellows, but it isn't known if this is the Cybertron of a parallel earth, or the Cybertron of the future; this makes things regarding his background rather complicated.
However, he and his Autobot allies learned of the evil Megatron's designs for the planet earth, and subsequently hoofed it to beat the vile Predacon to that world. Arriving literally years before the would-be master of the universe, Crosswise and company had plenty of time to prepare.
Blending into human society by taking on the forms of earthen vehicles, the Autobots acted to help humanity as they prepared for the Predacon onslaught, at the same time building a powerful, global space bridge network that would allow them to drive anywhere on earth within minutes.
In addition to this, a team of Autobots trained relentlessly in order to become an elite intelligence-gathering force for Optimus Prime. This team, led by Prime's own cousin, Hot Shot, is known as the Spychangers, though most of the Autobots didn't even know who they were at first.
After all, they began training together the instant they arrived on earth. And this training has paid off, as Crosswise and the Spychangers have helped their fellow Autobots turn defeat into victory on numerous occasions when they weren't busy with their espionage missions.
With the help of Crosswise and his fellow Spychangers, the Autobots drove the Predacons (and the Decepticons and Vehicons, as well) from the earth. After most of the Autobots left earth however, Crosswise and company became aware of a new threat to this world.
Lacking backup outside of their own, immediate team, the Spychangers were all outfitted with enhanced spark engines, which granted them incredible powers! Crosswise, in addition to his new, emerald color scheme, can fly when invoking his super spark engine!
Which should come in handy in the Spychangers' fight against this new, mysterious foe of theirs!
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.