Like his fellow Spychangers (and Autobots) on earth, Crosswise is an electromechanical being from Cybertron, a robot that strives to prevent Decepticon dominion of the universe. This alien may also be from another time period, making him doubly out of place on earth.
Cybertronian Physique: like his fellow Autobots, Crosswise is a robotic entity of Cybertronian design and origin. As such, this high tech genius has, by his very nature, the use of a large variety of abilities that reflect this. His very body gives Crosswise these super human powers:
* Body Armor (s): made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Crosswise is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Crosswise intensity 4 (+1) protection from attack, enough to make him strongly resistant to most basic human assaults.
* Growth (a): Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Crosswise, for instance, generally stands at about twelve feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at intensity 2 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot inventor possesses a +2 size factor. This grants him a +2 bonus to the damage he inflicts on normal sized foes, while theirs suffers a -2 against him. Conversely, he suffers a -2 penalty to strike standard sized enemies in the first place, while they gain a +2 to hit him.
* Microscopic + Telescopic Vision (w): all Transformers can alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at intensity 2, these powers let Crosswise see objects up to a mile distant with ease, and allow him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most all Transformers, Crosswise is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having intensity 7 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): as an inorganic life form, Crosswise possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses intensity 30 (+7) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Headlights (i): to better emulate earth vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), most automotive Transformers on earth are equipped with a convenient set of headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate intensity 8 illumination, which make driving at night no problem.
Shape Change (a): Crosswise can transform between his humanoid and a futuristic car mode at will, and often does so quickly in battle for tactical purposes. This power is voice-activated, however ('Crosswise, Transform!'). He can move with intensity 5 speed in his automotive form.
Spark Engine: supercharged like the Autobot brothers were via the Matrix, the six original Spychangers were subsequently given new spark engines to handle their increased power. After this event, each of these six Autobots developed additional, mysterious powers.
When activating his spark engine, Crosswise will turn a translucent green in hue, with yellow trim in places. He can then enjoy the benefit of intensity 6 flight while so supercharged, allowing him to soar through the air at 225 miles per hour!
Spychanger Powers: as a member of the elite Autobot Spychangers squad, Crosswise has acquired access to a series of special abilities that most Autobots - heck, most Transformers, really - lack. These rather handy, versatile abilities include the following super human powers:
* Blending (a): important to their roles as the Autobot spies, this power augments the Spychangers' disguise abilities considerably. It allows them to disappear into their surroundings with little or no assistance from any props or other accessories, and they can do so with intensity 10 skill.
* Clinging (a): the Spychangers can all defy gravity to an extent. When not flying, Crosswise can nonetheless drive along any surface in his vicinity, regardless of either its horizontal or vertical relation to the local plane of gravity, doing so with intensity 10 skill.
* Inferno Blast (i): the Spychangers have the ability to shape their collective energies. One such use allows them to generate intensity 20 heat, inflicting like energy damage to whatever they drive into / through - this is great against very large foes, or when making their own roads!
* Intangibility (a): an interesting power that the Spychangers have demonstrated here and there is their ability to pass through solid matter as if it wasn't there. They use this ability rarely, suggesting that it requires a lot of power to work. Regardless, this is an intensity 10 power.
* Jelling (a): this power allows Crosswise to temporarily solidify the surface of any liquid beneath him, giving him the ability to drive on water with intensity 10 power. This primarily works in his vehicle mode, but if he transforms at high speed, Crosswise can 'skid' on water for some time.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Cross-Blaster (i): his trademark weapon, of his own design, Crosswise is particularly proud of it. The cross-blaster can fire a beam that either inflicts concussive damage, or surrounds an object with antigravitons, a field that can cause it to float off. These effects both work at intensity 8.
Detective / Espionage (i): a talent common to all the Spychangers, this skill represents their ability to blend into their surroundings, collect information, and even solve mysteries when necessary. It allows them to attempt such actions at a reduced difficulty.
Engineering (i): a competent engineer, Crosswise is very skilled at building things - just about anything, in fact. When putting something together (mechanical or otherwise), he makes applicable actions at a reduced difficulty level, no matter where he's building it.
Physics / Astrophysics (i): a lot of his work applies to engineering things in space; as such, Crosswise needs to know how things function on a planetary body and in the void of space. This skill grants Crosswise a one level reduction regarding actions in this area of expertise.
As a member of the elite Spychangers, Crosswise can naturally rely on his close-knit teammates for assistance should he need it, not to mention the other Autobots. After all, he and his friends must stick together, lest they be ripped to shreds by their Predacon / Decepticon / Vehicon foes.
Explorer, with a secondary calling of Protector: Crosswise would be happy spending his existence in the design and construction of structures. However, when the Predacons left Cybertron in order to conquer other worlds, he felt an obligation to stop them - no matter the cost!
In his vehicle mode, Crosswise resembles a futuristic car, one that is forged from a strange, translucent blue metal, and has a rather large, stylized silver 'x' on the hood. In his humanoid form, Crosswise resembles a red and translucent blue robot built from spare car parts.
The Spychangers' science officer, Crosswise is well-versed in space engineering and also helps out in the development of new machinery and maintenance of his teammates. He is equipped with a gravity beam gun with which he can control antigravity, causing all manner of objects to rise up into the air.
Real Name: Crosswise
Occupation: scientist, spy
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Spychangers, the Autobots
Height: approximately 12 foot tall
Weight: approximately one ton
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Crosswise is composed of a strong alien metal that is primarily translucent blue in color, with bits of red, chrome, and clear translucent material in places.
The exact origin of the Autobot called Crosswise isn't exactly known. You see, he comes from Cybertron, as does his fellows, but it isn't known if this is the Cybertron of a parallel earth, or the Cybertron of the future; this makes things regarding his background rather complicated.
However, he and his Autobot allies learned of the evil Megatron's designs for the planet earth, and subsequently hoofed it to beat the vile Predacon to that world. Arriving literally years before the would-be master of the universe, Crosswise and company had plenty of time to prepare.
Blending into human society by taking on the forms of earthen vehicles, the Autobots acted to help humanity as they prepared for the Predacon onslaught, at the same time building a powerful, global space bridge network that would allow them to drive anywhere on earth within minutes.
In addition to this, a team of Autobots trained relentlessly in order to become an elite intelligence-gathering force for Optimus Prime. This team, led by Prime's own cousin, Hot Shot, is known as the Spychangers, though most of the Autobots didn't even know who they were at first.
After all, they began training together the instant they arrived on earth. And this training has paid off, as Crosswise and the Spychangers have helped their fellow Autobots turn defeat into victory on numerous occasions when they weren't busy with their espionage missions.
With the help of Crosswise and his fellow Spychangers, the Autobots drove the Predacons (and the Decepticons and Vehicons, as well) from the earth. After most of the Autobots left earth however, Crosswise and company became aware of a new threat to this world.
Lacking backup outside of their own, immediate team, the Spychangers were all outfitted with enhanced spark engines, which granted them incredible powers! Crosswise, in addition to his new, emerald color scheme, can fly when invoking his super spark engine!
Which should come in handy in the Spychangers' fight against this new, mysterious foe of theirs!
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.