Gd +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. Am +50 to fellow Autobots, Am -50 regarding Predacons / Decepticons / Vehicons.
Like his fellow Spychangers, as well as the rest of the Autobots on earth, Hot Shot is an electromechanical being from Cybertron, a robot that strives to prevent Decepticon dominion of the universe. This alien may also be from another time period, making him doubly out of place on earth.
Cybertronian Physique: like his fellow Autobots, Hot Shot is a robotic entity of Cybertronian design and origin. As such, this fiery leader has, by his very nature, the use of a large variety of abilities that reflect this. His very body gives Hot Shot these super-human powers:
* Body Armor: made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Hot Shot is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords him Good (10) protection from attack, enough to shrug off most basic human assaults. Hot Shot's armor breaks down as follows:
Gd 10 / Pr 4 / Sh 0 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Hot Shot, for instance, generally stands at around twelve feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at Poor (4) rank as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot firebrand possesses a +1 size factor. He thus suffers a -1 CS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 CS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 CS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at Feeble (2) rank, these powers let Hot Shot see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most Transformers on earth, Hot Shot is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other nearby Cybertronians, having Excellent (20) range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Hot Shot possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses Unearthly (100) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Fire Control: a special ability that he alone has among the Autobots (if not the Transformers), Hot Shot can control active flames at his leisure, doing so with Amazing (50) skill. He cannot generate flames himself, however; that's why he carries a fire blaster around!
Headlights: to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Hot Shot is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate Excellent (20) intensity illumination, which make driving at night no problem.
Shape Change: whenever he desires, Hot Shot can transform between his humanoid and Porsche 959 modes, and often does so quickly in battle for tactical purposes. This power is voice-activated, however ('Hot Shot, Transform!'). His Porsche 959 mode has these vehicular statistics:
Spark Engine: supercharged like the Autobot brothers were via the Matrix, the six original Spychangers were subsequently given new spark engines to handle their increased power. After this event, each of these Autobots developed enhanced, mysterious powers.
When activating his spark engine, Hot Shot will turn white in hue, with a blue flame job. He can then manipulate flames with much greater skill and intensity than before, his blue fire operating at intensities of up to Unearthly (100) in rank!
Spychanger Powers: as the leader of the elite Autobot Spychangers squad, Hot Shot has acquired access to a series of special abilities that most Autobots - heck, most Transformers, really - lack. These rather handy, versatile abilities include the following super-human powers:
* Blending: important to their roles as the Autobot spies, this power augments the Spychangers' disguise abilities considerably. It allows them to disappear into their surroundings with little or no assistance from any props or other accessories, and they can do so with Amazing (50) skill.
* Clinging: curiously, the Spychangers have the ability to defy gravity. While they cannot fly, per se, they can drive along any surface in their vicinity, regardless of either its horizontal or vertical relation to the local plane of gravity, doing so with Amazing (50) skill.
* Inferno Blast: when acting in concert, the Spychangers can combine their energies. One use of this ability allows them to generate Unearthly (100) rank heat, inflicting like Energy damage on contact - this is great against very large foes, or when making their own roads!
* Intangibility: an interesting power that the Spychangers have demonstrated here and there is their ability to pass through solid matter as if it wasn't there. They use this ability rarely, suggesting that it requires a lot of power to work. Regardless, this is an Amazing (50) ranked power.
* Jelling: this power allows Hot Shot to temporarily solidify the surface of liquids beneath him, letting him drive on fluids with Amazing (50) ability. This primarily works in his vehicle mode, but if he transforms at high speed, Hot Shot can 'skid' on water for some time.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Fire Blaster: since he lacks the ability to generate fire, Hot Shot carries this weapon with him into battle. It fires a concentrated burst of burning material that will inflict Excellent (20) SD Energy damage alone, though considerably more when used in concert with his fire control power.
Advanced Guns: while he can control fire, it pays to have more than one attack vector. Hot Shot can use any advanced gun (from laser cannons to mass drivers) at his Agility +1 CS. This helps him to hit with his fire blaster, if not when actively wielding flames.
Detective / Espionage: common to the Spychangers, this talent represents their ability to blend into their surroundings, collect information, and even solve mysteries if they find it necessary. It grants them a +1 CS to the applicable ability score in FEATs of these kinds.
Leadership: his deep concern for his subordinates, practiced skill in combat, and tactical acumen shines through whenever Hot Shot is commanding the Spychangers. While he's in charge of this elite team, it may add 100 to its inherent Karma pool.
As the leader of the elite Spychangers team, Hot Shot can naturally rely on his close-knit teammates for assistance should he need it, not to mention that of the other Autobots. After all, the Autobots have to stick together, lest they be ripped to shreds by their Predacon / Decepticon foes.
In his vehicle mode, Hot Shot resembles a black Porsche 959, one that has a stylish, orange and yellow flame job taking up most of the hood. In his humanoid form, Hot Shot resembles a black robot built from spare car parts, with white, chromed, and clear metal bits in places.
Chief of the Spychangers. A relative of Fire Convoy, Hot Shot has worked together with him for a long time. He comes across as exceptionally hard-boiled regarding duty, but in fact is very concerned for his subordinates. Hot Shot is able to control flames at will.
Real Name: Hot Shot
Occupation: warrior, Spychanger leader
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Spychangers, the Autobots
Height: approximately 12'
Eyes: glowing white
Weight: approximately 1.25 tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Hot Shot is composed of a strong alien metal that is primarily black in color, with bits of white, chrome, and his trademark flame job showing in places.
The exact origin of the Autobot called Hot Shot isn't exactly known. You see, he comes from Cybertron, as does his fellows, but it isn't known if this is the Cybertron of a parallel earth, or the Cybertron of the future; this makes things regarding his background rather complicated.
However, he and his Autobot allies learned of the evil Megatron's designs for the planet earth, and subsequently hoofed it to beat the vile Predacon to that world. Arriving literally years before the would-be master of the universe, Hot Shot and company had plenty of time to prepare.
Blending into human society by taking on the forms of earthen vehicles, the Autobots acted to help humanity as they prepared for the Predacon onslaught, at the same time building a powerful, global space bridge network that would allow them to drive anywhere on earth within minutes.
In addition to this, a team of Autobots trained relentlessly to become an elite intelligence-gathering force for Optimus Prime. This team, led by Prime's own cousin, Hot Shot, is known as the Spychangers, though most of the Autobots didn't even know who they were at first.
After all, they began training together the instant they arrived on earth. And this training has paid off, as Hot Shot and the Spychangers have helped their fellow Autobots turn defeat into victory on numerous occasions when they weren't busy with their espionage missions.
With the aid of Hot Shot and his Spychangers, the Autobots drove the Predacons (and the Decepticons and Vehicons, as well) from the earth. After most of the Autobots left earth however, Hot Shot and company became aware of a new threat to this world.
Lacking backup entirely, the Spychangers were all outfitted with enhanced spark engines, which granted them incredible powers! Hot Shot, in addition to his new, spectral color scheme, has even greater mastery over flames when invoking his super spark engine.
Which should come in handy in the Spychangers' fight against this new, mysterious foe of theirs!
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!