RV +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. RV +40 to fellow Autobots, RV -40 regarding Predacons / Decepticons / Vehicons.
Like his fellow Spychangers, as well as the rest of the Autobots on earth, Ironhide is an electromechanical being from Cybertron, a robot that strives to prevent Decepticon dominion of the universe. This alien may also be from another time period, making him doubly out of place on earth.
Cybertronian Physique: like his fellow Autobots, Ironhide is a robotic entity of Cybertronian design and origin. As such, this incredibly strong brawler has, by his very nature, several abilities that reflect this. His very body gives Ironhide these super-human powers:
* Body Armor: made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Ironhide is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords him rank value 10 protection from attack, enough to shrug off most basic human assaults. Ironhide's armor breaks down as follows:
RV 10 / RV 4 / RV 0 / RV 0 / RV 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Ironhide, for instance, generally stands at around twelve feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at rank value 4 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot brawler possesses a +1 size factor. He thus suffers a -1 RS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 RS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 RS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at rank value 2, these powers let Ironhide see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most Transformers on earth, Ironhide is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other nearby Cybertronians, having rank value 20 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Ironhide possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses rank value 100 resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Headlights: to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Ironhide is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate rank value 20 intensity illumination, which make driving at night no problem.
Shape Change: Ironhide can transform between his humanoid and Ford F-150 Flareside pickup truck mode at will, and often does so quickly in battle for tactical purposes. This power is voice-activated, however ('Ironhide, Transform!'). His truck mode has these vehicular statistics:
Spark Engine: supercharged like the Autobot brothers were via the Matrix, the six original Spychangers were subsequently given new spark engines to handle their increased power. After this event, each of these Autobots developed enhanced, mysterious powers.
When activating his spark engine, Ironhide will develop a blue and white cow print coloration. He becomes just as physically strong as Optimus Prime while so enhanced, and can maintain a Brawn value of 75 for the duration of his engine's activation (2d10 turns).
Spychanger Powers: as a member of the elite Autobot Spychangers squad, Ironhide has acquired access to a series of special abilities that most Autobots - heck, most Transformers, really - lack. These rather handy, versatile abilities include the following super-human powers:
* Blending: important to their roles as the Autobot spies, this power augments the Spychangers' disguise abilities considerably. It allows them to disappear into their surroundings with little or no assistance from any props or other accessories, and they can do so with rank value 30 skill.
* Clinging: curiously, the Spychangers have the ability to defy gravity. While they cannot fly, per se, they can drive along any surface in their vicinity, regardless of either its horizontal or vertical relation to the local plane of gravity, doing so with rank value 30 skill.
* Inferno Blast: when acting in concert, the Spychangers can combine their energies. One use of this ability allows them to generate rank value 100 rank heat, inflicting like Energy damage on contact - this is great against very large foes, or when making their own roads!
* Intangibility: an interesting power that the Spychangers have demonstrated here and there is their ability to pass through solid matter as if it wasn't there. They use this ability rarely, suggesting that it requires a lot of power to work. Regardless, this is a rank value 30 power.
* Jelling: this power allows Ironhide to temporarily solidify the surface of liquids beneath him, letting him drive on fluids with rank value 30 ability. This primarily works in his vehicle mode, but if he transforms at high speed, Ironhide can 'skid' on water for some time.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Shockwave Rifle: Ironhide's trademark weapon, this device can fire a beam of electrons at a target that inflicts rank value 10 Stunning Energy damage per blast. Ironhide would usually rather punch a 'bot than blast him, but this weapon makes for a great opener.
Advanced Guns: allowing him to use his weapon of choice, this skill gives Ironhide a +1 RS to his Coordination score whenever he uses any advanced guns, from lasers to mass drivers to, well, his shockwave rifle. He doesn't bother with conventional projectile weaponry.
Detective / Espionage: common to the Spychangers, this skill represents their ability to blend into their surroundings, collect information, and even solve mysteries if they find it necessary. It grants them a +1 RS to the applicable trait in ACTs of these kinds.
As a member of the elite Spychangers, Ironhide can naturally rely on his close-knit teammates for assistance should he need it, not to mention the other Autobots. After all, he and his friends must stick together, lest they be ripped to shreds by their Predacon / Decepticon / Vehicon foes.
In his vehicle mode, Ironhide resembles a Ford F-150 Flareside pickup truck with a black and white cow print coloration, as well as a red bull's head on his hood. In his humanoid form, Ironhide looks like a black, white, and yellow robot built from spare Ford (tough) pickup truck parts.
The strongest of the Spychangers, Ironhide is normally peaceful and intellectual, but once he gets mad, no one can lay a manipulator on him. He is also a transport expert, and comes equipped with a shockwave rifle. Of course, he'd rather just pummel a body senseless than shoot them...!
Real Name: Ironhide
Occupation: warrior, spy
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Spychangers, the Autobots
Weight: 1.5 tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Ironhide is composed of a strong alien metal that is decorated with a black and white cow print pattern, though he sports a large red bull's head on his hood in both forms.
The exact origin of the Autobot called Ironhide isn't exactly known. You see, he comes from Cybertron, as does his fellows, but it isn't known if this is the Cybertron of a parallel earth, or the Cybertron of the future; this makes things regarding his background rather complicated.
However, he and his Autobot allies learned of the evil Megatron's designs for the planet earth, and subsequently hoofed it to beat the vile Predacon to that world. Arriving literally years before the would-be master of the universe, Ironhide and company had plenty of time to prepare.
Blending into human society by taking on the forms of earthen vehicles, the Autobots acted to help humanity as they prepared for the Predacon onslaught, at the same time building a powerful, global space bridge network that would allow them to drive anywhere on earth within minutes.
In addition to this, a team of Autobots trained relentlessly to become an elite intelligence-gathering force for Optimus Prime. This team, led by Prime's own cousin, Hot Shot, is known as the Spychangers, though most of the Autobots didn't even know who they were at first.
After all, they began training together the instant they arrived on earth. And this training has paid off, as Ironhide and the Spychangers have helped their fellow Autobots turn defeat into victory on numerous occasions when they weren't busy with their espionage missions.
With the aid of Ironhide and his fellow Spychangers, the Autobots drove the Predacons (and the Decepticons and Vehicons, as well) from the earth. After most of the Autobots left earth however, Ironhide and company became aware of a new threat to this world.
Lacking backup outside of their team, the Spychangers were all outfitted with enhanced spark engines, which granted them incredible powers! Ironhide, in addition to his new, blue and white cow print decor, has dramatically enhanced strength when invoking his super spark engine!
Which should come in handy in the Spychangers' fight against this new, mysterious foe of theirs!
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!