As are the four members of the Build Team that combine to create him, Landfill is an electromechanical entity from Cybertron, a robot that strives to prevent Decepticon dominion of the universe. This alien may also be from another time period, making him doubly out of place on earth.
Cybertronian Physique: like his fellow Autobots, Landfill is a robotic entity of Cybertronian design and origin. As such, this fusion of the Build Team has, by his very nature, the use of a large variety of abilities that reflect this. His very body gives Landfill these super human powers:
* Body Armor (s): made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Landfill is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Landfill intensity 8 (+2) protection from attack, enough to make him strongly resistant to most basic human assaults.
* Growth (a): Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Landfill, for instance, stands at approximately thirty six feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at intensity 8 as a general matter of course.
As such, this gestalt possesses a +8 size factor. This grants him a +8 bonus to the damage he inflicts on normal sized foes, while theirs suffers a -8 against him. Conversely, he suffers a -8 penalty to strike standard sized enemies in the first place, while they gain a +8 to hit him.
* Microscopic + Telescopic Vision (w): all Transformers can alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at intensity 2, these powers let Landfill see objects up to a mile distant with ease, and allow him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most all Transformers, Landfill is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having intensity 7 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison (s): as an inorganic life form, Landfill possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses intensity 30 (+7) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Chomper Bucket (s): Landfill can use this devastating weapon to either grapple or inflict slashing damage as per a +4 weapon. Of course, Landfill can also use it as a m.s. 20 shield (while Heavy Load cannot), also functioning at +4 effectiveness.
Crane Cannon (i): while this weapon is rather large in Hightower's hands, it fits Landfill's massive manipulators just fine. Landfill can fire this horrifying weapon to inflict intensity 12 fiery (energy) damage with each terrible, fiery blast - enough to give even Megatron pause!
Pincer Shovel (s): Grimlock's signature weapon, this item is also wielded by Landfill on occasion when he's crushing Megatron's minions. It can inflict his Strength +4 in slashing damage as a shovel, but this device's pincer mode works at +5, and can be used to grapple, too.
Tornado Fusion System (a): the result of a merger between the Build Team Autobots, Landfill is always formed with Wedge serving as his head and torso unit. However, Landfill's other three components can hold variable positions, two serving as Landfill's legs, and the third as his arms.
When they combine, they can determine exactly who is going to serve where on the fly, and Landfill can even re-configure himself by rotating Grimlock, Heavy Load, and Hightower around as is necessary (hence the name 'tornado fusion'). Landfill's three modes are as follows:
* Cyclone Mode (a): when Hightower acts as Landfill's arms, this gestalt relies on up-close and personal combat to save the day. In Cyclone Mode, Landfill relies on Grimlock's pincer shovel to grapple and slice at his foes, and uses Heavy Load's chomper bucket as a shield.
* Hurricane Mode (a): when Grimlock serves as Landfill's arms, the Build Team's fusion wields a balance of offensive and defensive power. He can use Heavy Load's chomper bucket to attack or defend, as well as Hightower's Crane Cannon to crisp foes at his leisure.
* Typhoon Mode (a): when Heavy Load assumes the role of Landfill's arms, this mighty warrior is at maximum combat power. In this mode, Landfill usually wields Hightower's crane cannon in one hand and Grimlock's pincer shovel in another, allowing him to strike foes at any range.
Super Digging (a): a power each member of the Build Team possesses, Landfill can naturally make use of this ability. He can tunnel through the earth with intensity 4 skill; he can move at intensity 1 speeds to produce a reliable passage, or just burrow at top speed when in a hurry.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Advanced Guns 3 (a): this advanced skill allows Landfill to wield any advanced, energy-casting weapon, whether it be Hightower's own crane cannon or any other such device, with the benefit of an auto-trump - on top of reducing the difficulty of such weapon use.
Boxing (s): though he looks large and unwieldy, Landfill is actually quite graceful, and has considerable unarmed combat skill thanks to Heavy Load's training. He can divide his pre-cardplay action score between two unarmed melee strikes, the last occurring as a contingent action.
Engineering 2 (i): a skill every member of the Build Team has, this talent is augmented by Wedge's genius in this area to Landfill's benefit. As such, Landfill should be considered a master level Architect, and can trump with both Intellect and Willpower cards when building something.
Leadership (w): in addition to his genius in engineering matters, Wedge contributes his uncanny charisma to Landfill's psyche. Tempered by the skills the rest of the Build Team possesses, Landfill is a truly effective leader, and his leadership adds 1 to actions attempted under his direction.
Martial Arts (a): Heavy Load's contribution to Landfill's skills include various martial arts styles. He can resolve unarmed attacks, dodge attacks or catch weapons thrown at his person at one difficulty level lower than is normally necessary.
Military (w): Grimlock brings his uncountable years of military experience to Landfill's creation. As such, this gestalt knows what works - and what doesn't - in the middle of a fight, and can lend this expertise to his allies in battle... to startling effect. His martial prowess knows no bounds.
Natural Weapons (s): a curious use of this skill, Landfill has demonstrated exceptional ability in the use of the inherent weaponry he inherits from his component Autobots, and can use them all (chomper bucket, pincer shovel, shoulder blades) at a reduced difficulty level.
As a member of the Autobots, Landfill can naturally rely upon those heroic robots for assistance should he need it. Of course, as powerful as this fusion of the Build Team is, things usually go the other way around; not that Landfill minds, of course, as he's an inherently helpful Autobot.
Guardian, with a secondary calling of Youthful Exuberance: most of the Build Team are rather protective of those who cannot defend themselves, and this carries over into Landfill's personality matrix. But then, so does Wedge's indefatigable enthusiasm and spirit, too!
Landfill has a curious appearance, seemingly built from the parts of four distinct construction vehicles. His form is modular as well; while Wedge will always comprise Landfill's head, the other Build Team Autobots can serve as his arms or as either leg as is needed.
Though his component Autobots possess differing personalities, they all lend their best qualities to their fusion. Landfill is thus a good-hearted, enthusiastic warrior, and is more than happy to lend a hand to his fellows - or even risk his own doom to protect innocents from harm.
Real Name: Landfill
Occupation: Autobot warrior
Legal Status: inapplicable (he's only in existence occasionally)
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Autobots
Height: 36' (approximately)
Weight: many, many tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Landfill is an immense robot built from four separate construction vehicles. As such, he possesses four main colors: orange (from Wedge), green (from Grimlock), yellow (from Heavy Load), and red (from Hightower).
Just like the other Cybertronian gestalts, Landfill leads an intermittent life, coming into existence only when the four members of the Build Team (Grimlock, Heavy Load, Hightower, and Wedge) combine their minds, bodies, and sparks to form him - which they admittedly do often.
Since all four members of the Build Team are enthusiastic, helpful Autobots, they have no problem merging into become Landfill when necessary, even though Wedge's consciousness seems to be the dominant one in their fusion. They all lend something important to his psyche, however.
Heavy Load lends his martial arts ability, Hightower his uncanny skill with firearms, and Grimlock his years of military experience. These qualities, combined with Wedge's unbridled enthusiasm and charisma, make for a truly formidable Autobot, both on and off the battlefield.
Landfill was first seen during a scheme Scourge cooked up to cripple the Autobots on earth, mainly by disabling their space bridge network. Having built it to perfection, this naturally irked the entire Build Team, who merged into Landfill to pummel Scourge and his flunkies senseless.
Subsequent battles involving Landfill have pitted him against Ruination several times; as he is the Decepticons' only gestalt warrior, such conflicts are inevitable. Of course, Landfill's greatest accomplishment involved inspiring Fortress Maximus himself to act out against Galvatron's evil.
A feat that may very well have saved the earth, if not the universe itself, from domination at his hands. Now that this heinous villain and his many cronies have been defeated though, there's not much cause for the Build Team to bring Landfill into being on earth.
Though he may be needed elsewhere in the cosmos...!
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.