Gd +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. In +40 to fellow Autobots, In -40 regarding Predacons / Decepticons / Vehicons.
Like his fellow Spychangers, as well as the rest of the Autobots on earth, Mirage is an electromechanical being from Cybertron, a robot that strives to prevent Decepticon dominion of the universe. This alien may also be from another time period, making him doubly out of place on earth.
Cybertronian Physique: like his fellow Autobots, Mirage is a robotic entity of Cybertronian design and origin. As such, this high speed combatant has, by his very nature, several abilities that reflect this. His very body gives Mirage these super human powers:
* Body Armor: made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Mirage is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords him Good (10) protection from attack, enough to shrug off most basic human assaults. Mirage's armor breaks down as follows:
Gd 10 / Pr 4 / Sh 0 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Mirage, for instance, generally stands at around twelve feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at Poor (4) rank as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot marksman possesses a +1 size factor. He thus suffers a -1 CS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 CS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 CS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at Feeble (2) rank, these powers let Mirage see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most Transformers on earth, Mirage is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other nearby Cybertronians, having Excellent (20) range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Mirage possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses Unearthly (100) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Shape Change: whenever he desires, Mirage can transform between his humanoid and Lola T94 mode, and often does so quickly in battle for tactical purposes. This power is voice-activated, however ('Mirage, Transform!'). His Lola T94 car mode has these characteristics:
Spark Engine: supercharged like the Autobot brothers were via the Matrix, the six original Spychangers were subsequently given new spark engines to handle their increased power. After this event, each of these Autobots developed enhanced, mysterious powers.
When activating his spark engine, Mirage will develop a red and white coloration. His quick draw and guns talents are enhanced to a level 3 rating, and he has the Feeble (2) ranked imaginary doubles ability, allowing him to create an illusory duplicate of himself to stymie others.
Spychanger Powers: as a member of the elite Autobot Spychangers squad, Mirage has acquired access to a series of special abilities that most Autobots - heck, most Transformers, really - lack. These rather handy, versatile abilities include the following super human powers:
* Blending: important to their roles as the Autobot spies, this power augments the Spychangers' disguise abilities considerably. It allows them to disappear into their surroundings with little or no assistance from any props or other accessories, and they can do so with Amazing (50) skill.
* Clinging: curiously, the Spychangers have the ability to defy gravity. While they cannot fly, per se, they can drive along any surface in their vicinity, regardless of either its horizontal or vertical relation to the local plane of gravity, doing so with Amazing (50) skill.
* Inferno Blast: when acting in concert, the Spychangers can combine their energies. One use of this ability allows them to generate Unearthly (100) heat, inflicting like Energy damage on contact - this is great against very large foes, or when making their own roads!
* Intangibility: an interesting power that the Spychangers have demonstrated here and there is their ability to pass through solid matter as if it wasn't there. They use this ability rarely, suggesting that it requires a lot of power to work. Regardless, this is a Amazing (50) ranked power.
* Jelling: this power allows Mirage to temporarily solidify the surface of liquids beneath him, letting him drive on fluids with Amazing (50) ability. This primarily works in his vehicle mode, but if he transforms at high speed, Mirage can 'skid' on water for some time.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Sniper Rifle: Mirage carries this finely crafted weapon on him at all times. He can use it to fire a single round at a time, each of which will inflict Good (10) Shooting damage. This weapon has a one mile range, and a built in laser targeter for a +1 CS to hit.
Detective / Espionage: common to the Spychangers, this talent represents their ability to blend into their surroundings, collect information, and even solve mysteries if they find it necessary. It grants them a +1 CS to the applicable ability score in FEATs of these kinds.
Guns: Mirage is a top notch sniper, capable of doing nigh-miraculous things with rifles. Whenever wielding one in combat, Mirage may do so as though his Agility score was +1 CS in rank - which means little can escape Mirage's deadly attentions if he wishes it.
Quick Draw: in addition to being a crack shot, Mirage can get said shot off fast. He should receive a +1 modifier to his initiative when wielding a firearm, as well as a +1 CS to any multiple action Fighting FEAT rolls he attempts when shooting one.
As a member of the elite Spychangers, Mirage can naturally rely on his close-knit teammates for assistance should he need it, not to mention the other Autobots. After all, he and his friends must stick together, lest they be ripped to shreds by their Predacon / Decepticon / Vehicon foes.
In his vehicle mode, Mirage perfectly resembles a white Lola T94 with blue, black, and red trim in places, silver hub caps, and blue under-carriage parts. When transformed into his humanoid form, Mirage simply appears to be a robot built from assorted white and blue Lola T94 bits.
The fastest Spychanger, Mirage races through the town like an arrow. He is also the best marksman of the Autobots. In the past, he has performed many distinguished services, from V.I.P. bodyguarding to spy activities. He is equipped with a deadly sniper rifle.
Real Name: Mirage
Occupation: sniper, spy
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Spychangers, the Autobots
Weight: .75 tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Mirage is composed of a strong alien metal that is primarily white and blue in hue, regardless of his form.
The exact origin of the Autobot called Mirage isn't exactly known. You see, he comes from Cybertron, as does his fellows, but it isn't known if this is the Cybertron of a parallel earth, or the Cybertron of the future; this makes things regarding his background rather complicated.
However, he and his Autobot allies learned of the evil Megatron's designs for the planet earth, and subsequently hoofed it to beat the vile Predacon to that world. Arriving literally years before the would-be master of the universe, Mirage and company had plenty of time to prepare.
Blending into human society by taking on the forms of earthen vehicles, the Autobots acted to help humanity as they prepared for the Predacon onslaught, at the same time building a powerful, global space bridge network that would allow them to drive anywhere on earth within minutes.
In addition to this, a team of Autobots trained relentlessly in order to become an elite intelligence-gathering force for Optimus Prime. This team, led by Prime's own cousin, Hot Shot, is known as the Spychangers, though most of the Autobots didn't even know who they were at first.
After all, they began training together the instant they arrived on earth. And this training has paid off, as Mirage and the Spychangers have helped their fellow Autobots turn defeat into victory on numerous occasions when they weren't busy with their espionage missions.
With the aid of Mirage and his fellow Spychangers, the Autobots drove the Predacons (and the Decepticons and Vehicons, as well) from the earth. After most of the Autobots left earth however, Mirage and company became aware of a new threat to this world.
Lacking backup outside of their team, the Spychangers were all outfitted with enhanced spark engines, which granted them incredible powers! Mirage, in addition to his new, red and white paint job, has developed the incredibly useful power to create fake duplicates of himself!
Which should come in handy in the Spychangers' fight against this new, mysterious foe of theirs!
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.