The Battling Underwater Global Guard, or BUGG, is a large submersible vehicle Cobra utilizes to secure shorelines, whether those on its Island or in any other territories it has taken control of. Primarily operated by Secto-Vipers, a BUGG can hold numerous additional Cobras.
About the size of a bus, the BUGG can function on the surface or under the sea equally well, albeit a bit more slowly in the latter. It can switch between the two environs merely by driving from one to the other, doing so on its six durable, puncture-resistant tires.
Far more than meets the eye, the BUGG is equipped with the following features:
Body Armor (s): essentially a miniature submarine that can also drive on land, the BUGG is built to withstand multiple harsh environments. It has an m.s. of 12, and provides its many potential occupants like, or +3, protection from conventional assault.
Carrier Bay: capable of serving as a troop transport, the BUGG has a dedicated, armored personnel space in its stern. It can comfortably seat four Cobras, though many more can squeeze in when necessary, gaining the benefit of propulsion and the BUGG's Body Armor.
Cobra-band Radio (i): to get their marching orders and communicate threats to the Command, Cobra operatives manning the BUGG have use of its radio transceiver, which has intensity 5 transmission range (twenty-five maximum miles), and features intensity 9 signal encryption.
Double Bubble Cockpit: the BUGG is primarily controlled through this control room, situated on the port side of its bow. It can hold two Cobras, and is both watertight and pressure-sealed, allowing them to perform their job even without proper diving gear.
Environmental Independence (i): an amphibious vessel, the BUGG is equipped to supply its operators with enough breathable air to function undewater for long periods of time. While they must bring their own food and drink, they have up to four days of breathable air (intensity 4).
Forked Tongues (i): these trident-themed, surface-to-air missiles are mounted on the side of the BUGG's double bubble cockpit. They inflict intensity 10 damage when used singly, raised by +1 when both of them strike a target simultaneously.
Hover Skis (i): the BUGG features two of these vehicles, one housed behind its double bubble cockpit, and the other behind its detachable submarine pod. These can propel a Cobra operative beneath the sea or a few feet above the surface, and have these functions:
* Flight / Levitation / Super Swimming: when underwater, the BUGG's hover skis can shuttle a Cobra around at approximately fifteen MPH. While floating above the surface, whether liquid or solid, it can move anywhere between zero and sixty MPH (intensity 2).
* Missiles (i): their sole armament, the BUGG's hover skis benefit from two miniature projectiles, one mounted on each side of its control handle. They inflict intensity 9 damage when one hits, raised by +1 if both strike an unfortunate target simultaneously.
Machine Gun Turret (a): mounted towards the top stern of the BUGG, this twinned .50 cal machine gun turret is protected by a ballistic glass canopy. It can fire a short bursts to inflict one's Agility +7 in damage, or fire continuously to inflict their Agility +8 in damage.
Personnel Platforms: towards the stern of the BUGG, over its propulsion units, are two personnel platforms. These are designed such that one Cobra may cling to them and effectively ride outside the BUGG while prone, whether it is on the surface or below the waves.
Propulsion (a): whether on the beach or the ocean floor, the BUGG can move about thanks to its six puncture-resistant tires. It can achieve intensity 2 speeds, or 45 MPH, while on the surface, reduced to intensity 1, or 5 MPH, on the sea floor.
Puncture-Resistant Tires (a): the BUGG's six wheels are built to withstand withering assaults. Their m.s. is -2 of the BUGG's, but their construction reduces the intensity of bullet and piercing damage by ten (10), making them resistant to all but the strongest of gunfire.
Rotary Barreled Cannons (a): the BUGG has two of these rotating, pivoting .50 cal cannons, one on each half of its top bow. They can fire a short burst of rounds to inflict one's Agility +6 in damage, or be fired continuously to inflict theiir Agility +7 in damage.
Short Throw Cannons (a): mounted beneath the BUGG's double bubble cockpit, these twinned, auto-loading .50 cal cannons can each fire a short burst of ammunition to inflict one's Agility +7 in damage, or be fired continuously to inflict their Agility +8 in damage.
Submarine Pod (i): this two-seat, undersea ride can detach from the BUGG proper, to fight underwater with more flexibility than its parent vehicle. The BUGG's submarine pod has the following features:
* Environmental Independence (s): the BUGG's submarine pod is both watertight and pressurized, allowing its operators to act underwater for long periods of time. It provides this ability, at least for air, with intensty 1 ability, offering such for up to twenty hours.
* Machine Guns (a): beneath the submarine pod's ballistics-resistant canopy are two linked .50 cal machine guns. These twinned weapons can fire a short burst of ammunition to inflict one's Agility +7 in damage, or be fired continuously to inflict their Agility +8 in damage.
* Super Swimming (a): once it detaches from the BUGG, its submarine pod can zip about much faster than the vehicle which normally houses it. The BUGG's submarine pod effectively has twice its own speed underwater, having this power at intensity 2, and moving at 30 MPH.
Super Swimming (a): while it can trundle along the sea floor at around five MPH, the BUGG can also float beneath the waves, being a fully functional (albeit slow) submarine! When acting thus, the BUGG can move underwater at intensity 1 speeds - or 15 MPH.
VT-60 Strikes (i): these four alcohol-powered torpedoes are mounted on the BUGG's personnel platforms, and can be fired to devastating effect underwater. They inflict intensity 13 damage when one torpedo strikes a target, adding +1 for every additional missile that strikes at once.
Cobra directories featuring a version of the BUGG:
Interested in using Technoholic content in your own project? Please read this beforehand!