Seemingly without fear, and regularly transforming themselves into humanoid meteors, Destro's TARGATs do so utilizing highly advanced gear. Thus, while they may be high tech villains of a sort, TARGATs are otherwise human, lacking special powers of any variety.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Grenades: acting as living bombers, TARGATs can drop any number of grenades upon their foes from above while in flight. Each of these weapons detonate to inflict rank value 30 Slashing damage to all uncovered targets within the sector they're dropped upon.
Jet Pack: facilitating their controlled re-entry from space, these back-mounted conveyances give TARGATs supreme mobility. Though most of their momentum is gravity-fed, these packs nonetheless grant a TARGAT rank value 30 flight while in the atmosphere.
Knife: all TARGATs carry a blade with them while on the job, usually in a convenient boot sheath. This knife is made from m.v. 40 materials, and can either be used to cut through items of up to like m.v., given enough time, or to inflict Slashing damage during melee combat.
LL9-Laser Pistols: highly advanced sidearms, these hip-holstered weapons serve as TARGATs' backup pieces. TARGATs may fire a beam of coherent photons from them at their foes to inflict rank value 6 Armor Piercing Energy damage, doing so six times per charged power pack.
Re-entry Suits: the uniform of the TARGAT is a special suit which allows them to glide from space onto the surface of a planet, all without burning up. These primarily jet black ensembles provide several capabilities to the elite TARGAT forces, including the following:
* Body Armor: like all Iron Grenadiers uniforms, those worn by the TARGATs provides protection from conventional injury. Overall, TARGATs benefit from rank value 6 protection against physical attack while kitted up, as well as 1 RS of damage reduction against Piercing damage.
* Communications Array: TARGAT suits are equipped with radio transceivers, because you can't hear others in space. Their communications gear works with rank value 40 ability, having a maximum 1,000 mile range in space, and features rank value 30 intensity signal encryption.
* Environmental Independence: while not designed with the long-term occupation of space in mind, TARGAT re-entry suits nonetheless provide for their essential needs. They have this ability at rank value 2, offering their occupants about eight hours worth of usable air to breathe.
* Helmet: while the rest of their body has less protection from injury, the heads of TARGAT operatives benefit from rank value 10 protection against physical attacks. Furthermore, their visored helmets provide like Screened Senses to them, for both their hearing and vision.
* Magnetism Generation: while called gravity boots, the footwear of the TARGAT re-entry suit actually features powerful magnetic field generators. This allows TARGATs to walk about the outside of a space vehicle or facility, attaching on contact with rank value 30 strength.
* Resistance to Cold, Fire, Heat, Pressure Variance, and Radiation: allowing TARGATs to function on the surface, within deep space, or anywhere in-between, their re-entry suits provide protection against all of these phenomenon at an impressive rank value of 75.
Advanced Guns: carrying several directed energy weapons in the field, TARGATs are well-trained in their proper usage. Whether handling coherent laser emitters, ionized particle blasters, or any other energy caster, a TARGAT may do so at their Coordination trait +1 RS.
Aerial Combat: while most of their fighting is done from the top down, TARGATs are nonetheless highly skilled aerial combatants. They may add a +1 RS to any combat ACT roll required of them while raining down on their foes, whether offensive or defensive in nature.
Astronaut: those extremely rare Iron Grenadiers who work in space, TARGATs are comprehensively taught how to operate there, whether in near-earth orbit or further away. They may add a +1 RS to ACTs related to astro-nativation, zero-G movement, or surviving alien environs.
Detective / Espionage: their primary job, TARGATs are well-versed in various subversive techniques. They use this skill to spy on and sabotage the nations targeted by Destro, destabilizing entire regions to bolster the arms sales of his MARS corporation.
Guns: the better to demonstrate their use to prospective clients, TARGATs are continuously drilled in the use of all modern firearms. Whether standard, semi-automatic, or fully automatic, a TARGAT receives a +1 RS to their Coordination when discharging conventional slug-throwers.
Martial Arts style B: while heavily armed and armored, TARGATs can competently defend themselves even without their special toys. They may add a +1 RS to any offensive unarmed combat attempt, whether punching, kicking, head butting, or even knee dropping their foes.
Military: the TARGATs are highly disciplined, with most developing such via some military outfit or another, and Destro supplements this with his own training regimen. As a result, TARGATs invariably function well in a fighting unit, whether this be Destro's or any other.
Highly regarded within the Iron Grenadiers, TARGATs are considered absolutely fearless - or totally mad. Either way, they are treated with deep respect by the organization, and as a result, TARGATs may readily consider the group a reliable contact should it become necessary.
The TARGAT uniform is effectively a space suit! It is primarily jet black in hue, though it features cyan padding on the arms and legs, cyan web gear, red boots and gloves, a large cyan helmet with a golden face plate, and a cyan re-entry shield for the helmet.
When reviewing the field reports of his many and various Iron Grenadiers, Destro typically steers those with certain characteristics towards specialized positions within his personal army. The strongest become Nullifiers, the suicidal become Ferrets, and so on and so forth.
But those he offers the job title of Trans-Atmospheric Rapid Global Assault Troopers are completely fearless. TARGATs are launched into low-earth orbit on a special craft of Destro's design, and then leap from said craft towards earth, essentially becoming human meteors!
This allows the TARGATs to be deployed anywhere on the planet, usually in mere moments, especially if they're already in orbit waiting for their marching orders. And on their way down, TARGATs can start shooting at their foes before they have a clue what kind of trouble they're in!
While TARGATs are the smallest force amongst the Iron Grenadiers, they're definitely the most respected. They've often neutralized their targets before the rest of the Iron Grenadiers can show up to secure a site, or at the very least softened them up enough to make the job easier.
They're also the best paid, aside from Destro's personal lieutenants in the organization. After all, it takes more than just bravery to encourage someone to jump out of a perfectly good spacecraft, insane thrill-seekers aside, and successful TARGATs definitely make bank, as it were.
Lunar Guns: a more recent addition to the TARGAT arsenal is this device, a hand-held missile launcher! Capable of launching a single projectile at a time, the lunar guns of the TARGAT forces deliver missiles to their targets which behave as follows:
RV 30 Slashing (fragmentary)
Submachine Gun: their tertiary armament, TARGATs may fire a single round from this weapon to inflict rank value 6 Piercing damage, a short burst of rounds to inflict rank value 10 Piercing damage, or discharge it continuously to inflict rank value 20 Piercing damage.
The second TARGAT uniform is also a space suit! It is primarily gold in hue, though it features orange padding on the arms and legs, purple web gear, purple boots and gloves, a large purple helmet with a golden face plate, and a purple re-entry shield for the helmet.
Cobra directories featuring a version of TARGATs:
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.