the Manned Mobile Unit
The Manned Mobile Unit, or MMU, is a strange device that was apparently being tested in the eighties by the United States Army for use in urban warfare. It is a hybrid machine, in that it is half tank and half robotic exoskeleton; essentially, it's a white robot, about twelve feet tall, that moves about via two large tank treads (with a curious vertical profile). It is armed with the following equipment:
* Armor Plating (s): the MMU is covered from head to tread with thick armor plating that is proof against small arms fire. This armor itself is built from strength 14 metals, though the treads are only built from materials of 8 strength. Overall, this offers the MMU (and the operators riding within) intensity 12 (+3) protection from assault of all types (physical or energy).
* Grasping Arm (s): the MMU's right arm is equipped with a fully functional hand, which can be used to manipulate objects in its environment. It has an equivalent Strength score of 10, which can be brought to bear either in lifting, grasping, or even melee attack. Its small parts are slightly less armored than the rest of the MMU, however; give it -1 protection from attack.
* Gun Arm (a): the MMU's left arm does not terminate in a hand like the right does; instead, it is fitted with two fully automatic machine guns, the better to kill people with. These twinned machine guns can fire in either a semi or fully automatic mode, the first inflicting damage per a +6 weapon with every burst, the latter working as a +7 implement of destruction - and is normally used against vehicular opponents.
* Sensor Suite (w): considering the large size of the MMU's robotic 'head', it is very likely that this item is equipped with a large array of enhanced sensory devices. At the very least, the MMU's head has been fitted with infrared sensors and a complete radar imaging system, both of which will function at intensity 10. There may be more to this sensor collection, but it hasn't been shown yet.
* Tank Treads (a): finally, the lower portion of the MMU is equipped with two large, vertically uneven treads (higher in the back than in the front). These treads can propel the rather large and heavy MMU at intensity 2 ground speeds, which translates into approximately 45 miles per hour - at full burn. The thing usually travels at a mere 15 miles per hour when in combat, though.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.